Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
jepaul's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 5th, 2011 6:29 PM

Just to be sure? No smart limits for Business Customers? No way to block calls

Why does the business community not have a way to block calls coming and going like a family plan does? Family plans have the Smart Limits feature and they can manage easily online what numbers they wish to block to a specific number on there plans.  Why on earth does the business community not have this same option?  I have an employee that is harrassed by and ex with a restraining order agaisnt them.  I have no way to protect her from his harrassements because I have no way to block the various numbers he might call or text from to her cell number.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I currently use an iPhone under a "business liable account" and need to block an ex-boyfriend from calling/texting. It is ridiculous that the only option I have is to jailbreak it, but I feel that is what I am going to have to do, then pay $12.99 for an app to completely block him! Obviously this has been a need for AT&T customers for a few years... However nothing has changed!

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

your best bet would be to change the phone number instead of trying to put all types of restrictions on the phone.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Well that is probably true but I guess it would ultimately be easier just to fire her with cause and not have to do anything with AT&T.  Neither of those options address the initial question.  Why do simple family plans have an option to block incoming or outgoing calls to a specific number but business customers do not?  I also find it humerous how AT&T is quite on this topic but seem to post here fairly often.

Simple question:

Why can business customers not pay to have specific numbers block to their lines but family plan customers can?"

I usually have a lot more respect for companies that simply come out and say something simple like, "Because you can't that is why.  That is the way it is set up and we have no plans to change it.  I agree it doesn't make any sense but that is the way it is."

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

You can hear crickets chirp in here.  Absolutely nothing from AT&T?

Again, why can I not block numbers on a business account but I can on a family plan?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Yes, I am a small busness owner and added my daughter to my main line and would like smart limits for her.  In order to do that, I would have to move to an individual account and pay an additional 50-60.00 a month for her instead of the 9.99 I am paying now.  It probably comes down to the money.   I do know a couple other business owners though that would like the ability to limit certain features at certain times and a smart limit type product would be a great tool.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I usually do not comment on any subjects but your answer made my blood boil. I can not believe you are a frequent contributor. With these answers, I wonder how many accounts did you mess-up with your answers. Please retire.

ATT please stop making junkie applications and features and start listen to customer’s needs and respond quickly. It has been over a year and you guys did not wake up. Did you know you are not the only player any more? Hello. Anybody out there?

While at it. Improve your web site. It looks like it been developed by a teenager.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I also find it humerous how AT&T is quite on this topic but seem to post here fairly often.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been dealing with this problem for YEARS. I have a cell phone with at&t for nearly a decade and in the last 5 years I have been receiving constant calls for Canadian Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, US Pharmacy and I have confirmed MANY TIMES my number is on the do not call registry, but like one guy said, "We're in Canada, we don't care." and continue to call. 

It is obvious discrimination on the part of at&t to the small business owner and it is disgusting. They don't care about the problem, nor do they have any intention of fixing it. 

What I have done is call every time it happens, to:

1. Generate a log of the calls for legal purposes.

2. Inform the at&t rep about the issue so they can solve it once and for all.

3. Use it as legal leverage when I do eventually sue at&t for facilitating harassment. 

All it would take it one bad PR story and I will obliterate them with their inability to address an issue. 

Not finding what you're looking for?