Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

Highlighted
Employee

How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

You can request a phone number change if your company preferences allow you to change the number. 

To check on specific phone number availability and request a new phone number or phone number change, contact AT&T Business Customer Service at 800-331-0500.  If you are a Telecom Manager/Authorized Order Placer (AOPs) then you can contact us at 866-288-7629.

Pre-Number Change Expectations:

• Your current voice mailbox will be deleted along with any saved messages and greetings.
  • You must set up voicemail again on your new number.
  • AT&T does not offer a feature that advises the new number when someone dials the old number.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 6
Contributor

Re: How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

How can I contact you?

Twice now I've called the customer service number you supplied and both times the customer service rep was unable to help me determine whether a specific number is available. 

Message 2 of 6
Administrator

Re: Re: How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

Hello @irritatedwithU,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: http://go.att.com/c90bc85c

And include the following details:                                                                                           

·         Full Name:

·         Business Name on Account:

·         Phone number associated with the account:

·         Preferred Contact #:

·         Email address:

·         What type of service (Uverse, DSL, Landline, Wireless):

·         Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Nancy

AT&T Social Media Manager

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Re: Re: How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

Greetings, Miss Nancy!

Can number availability and specific number requests be made for residential service?  Other members of our family had long-time numbers (late 50's into early 60's) that were lost when other family members resolved their estates.  We'd like to get them back again, if possible.

Thanks,

David

Message 4 of 6
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

Hello @dadztoo,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: http://go.att.com/21a97900

And include the following details:                                                                                           

·         Full Name:

·         Phone number associated with the account:

·         Preferred Contact #:

·         Email address:

·         Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Nancy

AT&T Social Media Manager

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Re: Re: Re: How to Request a Phone Number Change and / or Check Availability

Thanks Nancy,

This was helpful. Just sent a message.

Best regards,

Ben

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Use your exclusive business discount for 40% off select accessories. Shop now!

Additional Support