For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
perry001's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 5:45 PM

blackberry torch won't reboot after downloading tvlive app

I've just downloaded the tvlive app to my new bb torch and it required reboot to launch.  phone shut down, started rebooting (well the white bar moved to the end) and then it stopped.  after a 1/2 hour or so, I took the battery out and put it back in and the same thing happened.  any suggestions what to do?

also - when i click on live tech help I get page not available; i did add url to allowed sites and internet is working fine.

HELP!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

thanks ghostryder...problem is that the phone doesn't complete the startup load and get to the phone 'desktop'.  It would just freeze with the progress bar on the screen.  I did finally get to the live help and they told me  that '3rd party apps can make the phone freeze.'   As the app was preloaded on the phone, I was surprised to hear that...They told me to do a 'master reset' using desktop software connecting to pc; again, I couldn't get the phone software to load so that was no solution.  They then said to take it to an ATT store.

I finally called ATT store where I bought the phone and after going through the master reset stuff above, they said I need to exchange for another one; that it was basically dead.  And - they asked me what color the tabs were on the battery and in battery case.  As the reason I'd had to get a new phone was I'd dropped my bb bold in water and knew about the 'red' tabs, I thought it was funny [odd] she'd asked me this...

On another note:  I loved my bb bold but they don't sell them anymore...what's up with that???!!  I loved that phone!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@perry001 wrote:

thanks ghostryder...problem is that the phone doesn't complete the startup load and get to the phone 'desktop'.  It would just freeze with the progress bar on the screen.  I did finally get to the live help and they told me  that '3rd party apps can make the phone freeze.'   As the app was preloaded on the phone, I was surprised to hear that...They told me to do a 'master reset' using desktop software connecting to pc; again, I couldn't get the phone software to load so that was no solution.  They then said to take it to an ATT store.

I finally called ATT store where I bought the phone and after going through the master reset stuff above, they said I need to exchange for another one; that it was basically dead.  And - they asked me what color the tabs were on the battery and in battery case.  As the reason I'd had to get a new phone was I'd dropped my bb bold in water and knew about the 'red' tabs, I thought it was funny [odd] she'd asked me this...

On another note:  I loved my bb bold but they don't sell them anymore...what's up with that???!!  I loved that phone!

I know that AT&T is limiting which Blakcberry phones a

they are going to make available, just can't find that info at the moment.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@perry001 wrote:

I've just downloaded the tvlive app to my new bb torch and it required reboot to launch.  phone shut down, started rebooting (well the white bar moved to the end) and then it stopped.  after a 1/2 hour or so, I took the battery out and put it back in and the same thing happened.  any suggestions what to do?

also - when i click on live tech help I get page not available; i did add url to allowed sites and internet is working fine.

HELP!

If you got it from app world, try a delete and redownload. sometimes that will work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.