Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2013
3:04:33 PM
Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 21, 2014 11:53:08 AM
(0)
Employee

FYI everyone - a great additional resource regarding the recent software update for the  Z10 is located here:  Update the Software for the BlackBerry Z10

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

205 replies
(14) Me too
(14) Me too
View all replies
(205)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 9:28:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Waiting for 10.2.  I've been with AT&T for 15yrs, and its frustrating that they treat BlackBerry customers with such disrespect.

Waiting for 10.2.  I've been with AT&T for 15yrs, and its frustrating that they treat BlackBerry customers with such disrespect.

Re: Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

181 of 206 (3,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 2:19:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hey AT&T Tech support 

Denying the 10.2 updates is leaving your customers information vulnerable.  

Dated April 8., 2014.  

BSRT-2014-003 Vulnerability in qconnDoor service affects BlackBerry 10 smartphones?  Blackberry KB35816

This advisory addresses a remote code execution vulnerability that is not currently being exploited but affects BlackBerry® 10 smartphone customers. BlackBerry® customer risk is limited by the inability of a potential attacker to force exploitation of the vulnerability without significant customer interaction or having physical access to the smartphone.

Phones affected by this:  

• BlackBerry 10 OS versions earlier than version 10.2.0.1055

Phone not affected by this: 

• BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055 and later

Hyperlink to knowledge base : 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB35816&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&d...

Hey AT&T Tech support 

Denying the 10.2 updates is leaving your customers information vulnerable.  

Dated April 8., 2014.  

BSRT-2014-003 Vulnerability in qconnDoor service affects BlackBerry 10 smartphones?  Blackberry KB35816

This advisory addresses a remote code execution vulnerability that is not currently being exploited but affects BlackBerry® 10 smartphone customers. BlackBerry® customer risk is limited by the inability of a potential attacker to force exploitation of the vulnerability without significant customer interaction or having physical access to the smartphone.

Phones affected by this:  

• BlackBerry 10 OS versions earlier than version 10.2.0.1055

Phone not affected by this: 

• BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055 and later

Hyperlink to knowledge base : 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB35816&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

182 of 206 (3,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 2:23:05 PM
(0)
Teacher
To follow up, in the knowledge base article here is the resolution.

Resolution
BlackBerry has issued a fix for this vulnerability, which is included in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055. This software update resolves this vulnerability on affected BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Update BlackBerry 10 smartphone software to version 10.2.0.1055 or later to be fully protected from this issue.
Note: If customers are running a BlackBerry 10 OS earlier than 10.2.0.1055 but do not see a software update notification and the smartphone indicates that the software is up to date, customers should contact their wireless service provider to request BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055 or later.
For information on how to manage potential risk until the software update is available for all customers, see the Mitigations section of this advisory.
To follow up, in the knowledge base article here is the resolution.

Resolution
BlackBerry has issued a fix for this vulnerability, which is included in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055. This software update resolves this vulnerability on affected BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Update BlackBerry 10 smartphone software to version 10.2.0.1055 or later to be fully protected from this issue.
Note: If customers are running a BlackBerry 10 OS earlier than 10.2.0.1055 but do not see a software update notification and the smartphone indicates that the software is up to date, customers should contact their wireless service provider to request BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055 or later.
For information on how to manage potential risk until the software update is available for all customers, see the Mitigations section of this advisory.

183 of 206 (3,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 2:40:45 PM
(0)
Teacher
Contact your carrier...on a att forum...that's funny!
Contact your carrier...on a att forum...that's funny!

184 of 206 (3,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 9:49:46 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 20, 2014 at 9:12:56 PM

5 months later and still "mellowing" eh Pete.... Do you have any more ***** to feed us loyal Blackberry customers...

AT&T is now the last carrier... the only carrier to not yet roll out the Blackberry OS10.2.1.xxx.   HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME AT&T....

[Inappropriate content removed]

5 months later and still "mellowing" eh Pete.... Do you have any more ***** to feed us loyal Blackberry customers...

AT&T is now the last carrier... the only carrier to not yet roll out the Blackberry OS10.2.1.xxx.   HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME AT&T....

[Inappropriate content removed]

Re: Version 10.2 avail when w/AT

[ Edited ]
185 of 206 (3,296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 11:07:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
Hey Pete.... Rumor has it that you haven't a clue about a thing regarding the AT&T release of the next Blackberry OS version... and just like to appear as improtant in this blog....
Hey Pete.... Rumor has it that you haven't a clue about a thing regarding the AT&T release of the next Blackberry OS version... and just like to appear as improtant in this blog....

186 of 206 (3,279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 12:44:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

Nimrod81 wrote: you haven't a clue about a thing regarding the AT&T release of the next Blackberry OS version

N,   True...which is why I started this thread. 

Apparently nobody has a clue; at least, not thus far.

We're all trying to "learn by finding out" (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

. . . .  Pete

Nimrod81 wrote: you haven't a clue about a thing regarding the AT&T release of the next Blackberry OS version

N,   True...which is why I started this thread. 

Apparently nobody has a clue; at least, not thus far.

We're all trying to "learn by finding out" (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

. . . .  Pete

187 of 206 (3,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 1:13:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

For a very quick and clear idea of what AT&T thinks of us Blackberry users, take a look at the right sidebar. When I am on this forum, which discusses an issue with AT&T's treatment of Blackberry customers, I see four offers - two for an iPhone, and two for Samsung Galaxy phones. Nice.

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the OS release from our amazing carrier - now officially behind every third-world carrier on the planet! (yes, that does include Verizon)

For a very quick and clear idea of what AT&T thinks of us Blackberry users, take a look at the right sidebar. When I am on this forum, which discusses an issue with AT&T's treatment of Blackberry customers, I see four offers - two for an iPhone, and two for Samsung Galaxy phones. Nice.

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the OS release from our amazing carrier - now officially behind every third-world carrier on the planet! (yes, that does include Verizon)

188 of 206 (3,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 7:53:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well, I just called for the 2nd time today and registereda complaint about this issue.  I am still getting the same line.  "It's in testing."  I am about ready to dump the whole lot of it and go with another carrier.  This is garbage.  Every communication service I have is with att and it is like pulling teeth to get anything done.  I spend more time on the phone with att "customer support" than do I with anyone else.  I have also noticed they don't send me the surveys to fill out after I call anymore.  I guess they know they REALLY don't want to hear my answers to that. 

I doubt I will finsh my current contract.  You can switch to that share plan to get yourself out of any contract and then switch with no cancelation fee. Hopefully those of us that choose to leave will make things better for those that stay. 

Well, I just called for the 2nd time today and registereda complaint about this issue.  I am still getting the same line.  "It's in testing."  I am about ready to dump the whole lot of it and go with another carrier.  This is garbage.  Every communication service I have is with att and it is like pulling teeth to get anything done.  I spend more time on the phone with att "customer support" than do I with anyone else.  I have also noticed they don't send me the surveys to fill out after I call anymore.  I guess they know they REALLY don't want to hear my answers to that. 

I doubt I will finsh my current contract.  You can switch to that share plan to get yourself out of any contract and then switch with no cancelation fee. Hopefully those of us that choose to leave will make things better for those that stay. 

189 of 206 (3,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 4:28:53 AM
(0)
Teacher
"In testing" is.an improvement, they used to not know anything about it.
"In testing" is.an improvement, they used to not know anything about it.

190 of 206 (3,160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 10:39:51 AM
(0)
Teacher

So  went ahead and used Sachesi to upgrade to .2228

Took little time and afterwards side loaded Snap  2.0 which is a Google Play client. Currently running about 25 Andoid apps and loving it. Not giving up BB 10 because AT&T. Quite possibly the reverse.

So  went ahead and used Sachesi to upgrade to .2228

Took little time and afterwards side loaded Snap  2.0 which is a Google Play client. Currently running about 25 Andoid apps and loving it. Not giving up BB 10 because AT&T. Quite possibly the reverse.

191 of 206 (3,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 7:26:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Got 10.2.1 OTA on AT&T Z10 today

Got 10.2.1 OTA on AT&T Z10 today

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

192 of 206 (3,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 6:19:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

YES.

Update is live.  I was already running 10.2.1.2156 (OS 10.2.1.2228).  But this one from AT&T is actually slightly newer - 10.2.1.2179 (OS 10.2.1.2273).

From Crackberry, I already plugged in the numbers to pull the bar files off the production server using Sachesi, but I've decided on updating directly through Link this morning instead.

I will say, thank you, AT&T.

YES.

Update is live.  I was already running 10.2.1.2156 (OS 10.2.1.2228).  But this one from AT&T is actually slightly newer - 10.2.1.2179 (OS 10.2.1.2273).

From Crackberry, I already plugged in the numbers to pull the bar files off the production server using Sachesi, but I've decided on updating directly through Link this morning instead.

I will say, thank you, AT&T.

193 of 206 (2,977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 7:53:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just checked for updates on AT&T and found nothing.  Are you sure you got your update through AT&T?

I just checked for updates on AT&T and found nothing.  Are you sure you got your update through AT&T?

194 of 206 (2,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 8:12:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

For the record with respect to AT&T and BlackBerry, I just got a multi-page promotional brochure from AT&T and it prominently and favorably promotes the BlackBerry Q10 with details and photo.

It was nice to see.

. . . . . Pete

For the record with respect to AT&T and BlackBerry, I just got a multi-page promotional brochure from AT&T and it prominently and favorably promotes the BlackBerry Q10 with details and photo.

It was nice to see.

. . . . . Pete

195 of 206 (2,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 8:21:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

I loaded 10.2 from Sachesi last week, and it was updated through my phone today to 10.2.1.2179 by clicking on settings > Software Updates. I have been very happy so far, the contacts seem to be working much better and you can scroll though your inbox rather than having to back out of each message. The picture password is another nice addition. Having the Android apps is a definite plus, there are several that I just couldn't get through BB. It is like having a new and better phone again!

I loaded 10.2 from Sachesi last week, and it was updated through my phone today to 10.2.1.2179 by clicking on settings > Software Updates. I have been very happy so far, the contacts seem to be working much better and you can scroll though your inbox rather than having to back out of each message. The picture password is another nice addition. Having the Android apps is a definite plus, there are several that I just couldn't get through BB. It is like having a new and better phone again!

196 of 206 (2,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 16, 2014 9:24:28 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

Click on the link below to check out a blog post about the latest software update for Blackberry.

Blackberry 10.2.1 Software Update

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, everyone!

Click on the link below to check out a blog post about the latest software update for Blackberry.

Blackberry 10.2.1 Software Update

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

197 of 206 (2,942 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 9:26:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry for my earlier post.  I am currently installing the update from AT&T

Sorry for my earlier post.  I am currently installing the update from AT&T

198 of 206 (2,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 9:52:55 AM
(0)
Teacher
A lot of lessons learned in this encounter with AT&T. It should now be very clear where the blackberry user stands with AT&T.
A lot of lessons learned in this encounter with AT&T. It should now be very clear where the blackberry user stands with AT&T.

199 of 206 (2,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 11:05:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hillbillyjon wrote: It should now be very clear where the blackberry user stands with AT&T.

H,   Are you saying that AT&T has now proven their support for BlackBerry and BlackBerry users?

If so, it's nice to hear.

. . . .  Pete

Hillbillyjon wrote: It should now be very clear where the blackberry user stands with AT&T.

H,   Are you saying that AT&T has now proven their support for BlackBerry and BlackBerry users?

If so, it's nice to hear.

. . . .  Pete

200 of 206 (2,900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 11:53:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

Still no link or OTA here in the LA area to update to 10.2.1.xxxx

Still no link or OTA here in the LA area to update to 10.2.1.xxxx

201 of 206 (2,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 12:09:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

Perhaps because carriers typically stagger the releases.

. . . . Pete

Perhaps because carriers typically stagger the releases.

. . . . Pete

202 of 206 (2,880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 12:59:10 PM
(0)
Teacher
Pete:
I think that you know that that is not the lesson that was learned here. The support proven is unfortunately that of last place. I am not ready to give AT&T that atta boy yet. I am however, glad that this ordeal is over...for now.
Pete:
I think that you know that that is not the lesson that was learned here. The support proven is unfortunately that of last place. I am not ready to give AT&T that atta boy yet. I am however, glad that this ordeal is over...for now.

203 of 206 (2,869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 11:03:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

Does anyone know why AT&T made this 10.2.1.2179 update mandatory?

. . . . . Pete

. . . . . Pete

204 of 206 (2,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 21, 2014 11:53:08 AM
(0)
Employee

FYI everyone - a great additional resource regarding the recent software update for the  Z10 is located here:  Update the Software for the BlackBerry Z10

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

~Delia

205 of 206 (2,609 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 12:55:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by joeldf on Apr 22, 2014 at 1:02:14 PM

petercreasey wrote:

. . . . . Pete

I've seen others post about it somehow being "mandatory".  No reason given that I've seen.

My assumption is that there was a buffer stack-overflow security issue that went back to early versions of 10.1 - and the official AT&T version (up until the 10.2.1 they just released) was affected.

Thing is, it was an obscure bug that required only 2 specific instances to occur before it could be exploited, and both required having physical access to the phone, and the phone to be in "developer mode".

This was not the Heartbleed bug, but another bug altogether different.  Still, perhaps, it was what prompted AT&T to push the new update - and because it was considered a security issue, could be why it was made mandatory.  After all, they were the last carrier in the world to have the affected OS as the official OS.

petercreasey wrote:

. . . . . Pete

I've seen others post about it somehow being "mandatory".  No reason given that I've seen.

My assumption is that there was a buffer stack-overflow security issue that went back to early versions of 10.1 - and the official AT&T version (up until the 10.2.1 they just released) was affected.

Thing is, it was an obscure bug that required only 2 specific instances to occur before it could be exploited, and both required having physical access to the phone, and the phone to be in "developer mode".

This was not the Heartbleed bug, but another bug altogether different.  Still, perhaps, it was what prompted AT&T to push the new update - and because it was considered a security issue, could be why it was made mandatory.  After all, they were the last carrier in the world to have the affected OS as the official OS.

[ Edited ]
206 of 206 (2,570 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments