Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Waiting for 10.2.  I've been with AT&T for 15yrs, and its frustrating that they treat BlackBerry customers with such disrespect.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Hey AT&T Tech support 

Denying the 10.2 updates is leaving your customers information vulnerable.  

Dated April 8., 2014.  

BSRT-2014-003 Vulnerability in qconnDoor service affects BlackBerry 10 smartphones?  Blackberry KB35816

This advisory addresses a remote code execution vulnerability that is not currently being exploited but affects BlackBerry® 10 smartphone customers. BlackBerry® customer risk is limited by the inability of a potential attacker to force exploitation of the vulnerability without significant customer interaction or having physical access to the smartphone.

Phones affected by this:  

• BlackBerry 10 OS versions earlier than version 10.2.0.1055

Phone not affected by this: 

• BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055 and later

Hyperlink to knowledge base : 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB35816&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

To follow up, in the knowledge base article here is the resolution.

Resolution
BlackBerry has issued a fix for this vulnerability, which is included in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055. This software update resolves this vulnerability on affected BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Update BlackBerry 10 smartphone software to version 10.2.0.1055 or later to be fully protected from this issue.
Note: If customers are running a BlackBerry 10 OS earlier than 10.2.0.1055 but do not see a software update notification and the smartphone indicates that the software is up to date, customers should contact their wireless service provider to request BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.1055 or later.
For information on how to manage potential risk until the software update is available for all customers, see the Mitigations section of this advisory.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Contact your carrier...on a att forum...that's funny!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

5 months later and still "mellowing" eh Pete.... Do you have any more ***** to feed us loyal Blackberry customers...

AT&T is now the last carrier... the only carrier to not yet roll out the Blackberry OS10.2.1.xxx.   HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME AT&T....

[Inappropriate content removed]

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Hey Pete.... Rumor has it that you haven't a clue about a thing regarding the AT&T release of the next Blackberry OS version... and just like to appear as improtant in this blog....

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

Nimrod81 wrote: you haven't a clue about a thing regarding the AT&T release of the next Blackberry OS version

N,   True...which is why I started this thread. 

Apparently nobody has a clue; at least, not thus far.

We're all trying to "learn by finding out" (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

. . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

For a very quick and clear idea of what AT&T thinks of us Blackberry users, take a look at the right sidebar. When I am on this forum, which discusses an issue with AT&T's treatment of Blackberry customers, I see four offers - two for an iPhone, and two for Samsung Galaxy phones. Nice.

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the OS release from our amazing carrier - now officially behind every third-world carrier on the planet! (yes, that does include Verizon)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Well, I just called for the 2nd time today and registereda complaint about this issue.  I am still getting the same line.  "It's in testing."  I am about ready to dump the whole lot of it and go with another carrier.  This is garbage.  Every communication service I have is with att and it is like pulling teeth to get anything done.  I spend more time on the phone with att "customer support" than do I with anyone else.  I have also noticed they don't send me the surveys to fill out after I call anymore.  I guess they know they REALLY don't want to hear my answers to that. 

I doubt I will finsh my current contract.  You can switch to that share plan to get yourself out of any contract and then switch with no cancelation fee. Hopefully those of us that choose to leave will make things better for those that stay. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

"In testing" is.an improvement, they used to not know anything about it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.