For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

keep in mind, this is not "unauthorized" like Android OS'. These are 100%
signed and verified by BlackBerry, they are not hacked, etc.

BlackBerry's will can only install signed code from BlackBerry...

Chances are if you have employees in your company that are not on AT&T,
they already have the update anyway.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

g,   As you say, "keep in mind" that upgrading with a leaked version probably means AT&T customer support is no longer available for the Q10.

. . . . .   Pete

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

p, not much AT&T support for the Blackberry now...nevertheless, the choice is ours as consumers.

I would have also waited but I needed a few of the Android apps (eWallet and Logmein) without migrating to Android completely.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, you talked me into it. How did you do the update? I give up on these guys. My coworkers with Verizon BB had their phones updated a month ago from Verizon!!! I keep getting this feeling that AT&T has decided it's not in their interest financially to spend many resources supporting BB devices.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My post weren't meant to encourage anyone from loading a non-official version of the OS, they were only meant to response to the post concerning AT&T delays due to bug issues. If you decide to load a non-official release, make sure you backup your device and are ready to be without the device if any unknown issues occur.

Please keep in mind that none of of US carriers have release OS 10.2.1 for the Q10, Verizon customers are also waiting for this release. Verizon has only release 10.2.1 for the Z10.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I just spoke with "Zander" at AT&T customer support. He tells me that AT&T is still waiting for BB to release the official version of 10.2.1 to them. He also tells me the Verizon customers that have recieved 10.2.1 for their Z10 were only a small experimental group. Please don't shoot the messenger! 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

There are no significant bugs in Blackberry's OS 10.2.2.  This is part of a systematic choking-off of Blackberry by AT&T and other U.S. carriers... and their more profitable Android and  Apple IOS partners. In the particular case of Blackberry OS 10.2.1, Blackberry users can now download Android Aps which the competition is in a frenzy about, which At&t (and other U.S. carriers) or appeasing by the slow "squash"/support of Blackberry OS 10. Just wait, as more of this conspiracy hits the main talking-head media and truth comes out....

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

@petercreasey wrote:

g,   As you say, "keep in mind" that upgrading with a leaked version probably means AT&T customer support is no longer available for the Q10.

. . . . .   Pete

Except that this idea is false.  AT&T has never denied customer service because someone had a newer OS version than what the carrier provides.  This has been brought up many times in the CrackBerry forums and plenty of users have said that they had no issues dealing with AT&T even with a different OS installed.

As noted, BlackBerry OSs aren't like loading third party roms for Andriod, or jailbreaking iPhones. A BlackBerry OS is a BlackBerry OS, comes from BlackBerry as they are signed by BlackBerry. The phone simply won't load an OS that is not signed by BlackBerry within the walls of BlackBerry. AT&T knows this. I think I ran the actual AT&T provided OS the first 2 weeks I got my Z10 back at the end of July. It's the same version they still "officially" provide now. I've gone way past that since and never looked back.

Before the Z10, I had a Torch 9800, and had the AT&T OS the first week I had it, and for a few weeks almost a year later when they actually had a current build.  But I soon went beyond that one several times for the next year-and-a-half I had the phone after that, while AT&T was still stuck on that no-longer-current build (to this day, by the way).

Before the 9800, I had a Pearl 8100.  That one ended it's service with me with an OS from AT&T that actually was among the last builds to ever be released for that phone.  I think there was one OS release newer by 2 build numbers, but since I was about to get the 9800, I didn't bother - and really, by then with the old OS 4.5, there wasn't much you could get from newer builds anyway.

And, for those who say that AT&T customer service reps say they are waiting on BlackBerry, that's bogus.  The problem is that the CS reps just don't know anything so that's their default answer just to shut you up - blame the other guy.  AT&T has had this OS for testing since at least mid January when everyone else got it. BlackBerry wouldn't not give it to AT&T (or Verizon, or T-Mobile), but give it to everyone else in the world.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

@joeldf wrote:

I think I ran the actual AT&T provided OS the first 2 weeks I got my Z10 back at the end of July. It's the same version they still "officially" provide now. I've gone way past that since and never looked back.

Joe,  thanks for info!

Can you inform us as to how to upgrade to a newer Q10 version without having to reinstall email accounts and restore data?

. . . . .   Pete

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Well looks like another carrier has beat us to the punch again, the carrier that begins with "T" release 10.2.1 for both the Q10 and Z10 yesterday (3/13/14).....It's sad that AT&T still hasn't release the update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.