Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

February will be over in 1hr and AT&T doesn't release the update

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

BlackBerry has released the 10.2 update so now it is Att that is holding us back. When will it be released?

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe AT&T is holding the update(s) back due to the problems reported with the update(s).

Would you prefer that AT&T rush out an update that disables your Q10?

I think not.

. . . . .  Pete

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

All blackberry owners should be familiar with Crackberry and their outstanding forums. All of the new 10.2 OS updates can be found there along with explicit instructions on how to autoload and sideload the OS updates. I updated my Q10 last month to 10.2.1925 and it made a world of difference on how the phone operates and no bugs at all. As for android apps, some work and some don't, but they are getting better using SNAP.  

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

D, The problem with autoload/sideload is that everything has to be reset on the Q10.

I personally prefer to wait for AT&T to release a version that will not require all of the resetting.

. . . . Pete

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I got tired of waiting for AT&T to provide the update, and yes, I've been very patient. Not sure what bugs in 10.2.1 AT&T is concerned about. I've installed 10.2.1 on my Q10 and Z10 on February 26th and have been very pleased with the performance. I'm now enjoying all the great features of the update but unfortunately it's not due to AT&T's help.

If it's true they are concerned about bugs in this update (which I haven't experience on either my primary Q10 or backup Z10), I wish they would at least post the issues they have found.

I normally do not respond to post but I got tired of hearing the excuse for the delay as being "bug" related.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

b, Did you have to do a new set-up of email, etc. and restore after your upgrade?

. . . . Pete

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I chose not to perform a restore, since all my apps and settings remained but I did have to provide my password for each of my free email accounts (yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc). However, in the case of my corporate account (we use Office 365 email), I had to delete and re-add the account.

I'm waiting to see what differences the official AT&T release brings compare to the one I installed.

To be honest I was pleasantly surprise on the new features OS 10.2.1 provides.

FYI: I manage our corporate AT&T account, I'm the last remaining Blackberry user within our company. We have over 500+ devices (majority being iPhones), I personally perfer the security my Blackberry provides.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

blackberryphx wrote:   I chose not to perform a restore, since all my apps and settings remained but I did have to provide my password for each of my free email accounts (yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc).

b,   This surprises me as I thought you would have to reinstall the email accounts and restore all data.

How did you do your upgrade?

Thanks!

. . . . .   Pete

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I have to agree with Pete on this one... I am going to try and tough it out till AT&T does their thing. Not to mention that mine is a company phone. If I start dinking around with an unauthorized version of the OS, something smelly may hit the fan!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.