For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I run the .1925 leak, the features compared to those of you using 10.1 still are absolutely incredible. The main reason I want the official version is that I always have horrible battery drain issues with leaks, even after the indexing is finished. So I'm hoping that the tech department of ATT is reasonably useful and mixes in bar files from the various versions of 10.2.1 that are out there to optimize the performance of the BB10 along with all the wonderful features that it has to offer.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

"...The main reason I want the official version is that I always have horrible battery drain issues with leaks, even after the indexing is finished. So I'm hoping that the tech department of ATT is reasonably useful and mixes in bar files from the various versions of 10.2.1 that are out there to optimize the performance of the BB10 along with all the wonderful features that it has to offer."

Unfortunately, the OS that will be released is the same one from the leak - radio .bar file included (it's the exact same older radio file than the 10.2.1.1926 version that it should have had).  There won't be any difference.  The "Software Release" will be the same 10.2.1.537 number as the leak too.  AT&T won't mess with that as all the actual OS files are stored on and dispersed from the BlackBerry servers. 

Well, one file did change.  Apparently a voice dictation file was updated according to folks at crackberry who parsed through the files to spot the version differences between the leak and the official manifest.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

"...We appreciate your patience..."

Now that's funny. Smiley LOL

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

called customer support and they are still dont know the release date!!!

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

well??? att what up? its the 10th and i feel myself going towards T-mobile.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

It would be better to assume that AT&T has experienced some of the problems reported by other upgraders and elected to err on the side of caution (rather than releasing a host of problems).

. . . . . Pete

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I downloaded 10.2 update from Rogers on my AT&T Z10 and it works fine.  Would love to have a native relase but can wait for some time.

10.2 is a good upgrade but the hype in my view is a somewhat overrated.  For example, it still lacking automatic highlighting of the date in messages to convert into calendat entry.  There is also a problem with the attachments to calendar entries that is still not fixed.  The attachments can be opened from the meeting invitaiton email but once you accept the meeting, the attachments disappear leaving only a plain text placeholder.  Overall, 10.2 is certainly a step forward.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Come on att you suck. Release the update already not everyone is an android or I phone.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm a blackbery Q10 owner and with AT&T for many years. I don't understand why at&t doesn't just come out and inform it's customs on the release date. Why the secret? If it's a month or two then just inform the customer.

10.2 has been out oversees and other countries and not issues.

its maybe time to leave AT&T to another carrier.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

ATT should announce when version 10.2 will be available.  I just purchased a Q10 last month and if  ATT was not planning to allow an upgrade, they should have said so in their advertising of Q10.  I have been a loyal customer of ATT for over 15 years and have also purchased Blackberry phones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.