Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Scholar

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Message 1 of 206 (15,396 Views)
Tutor

Re: Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

I find it extremely dissapointing that the customer service representative who is apparently in charge of this thread doesn't even have any information about the OS and just copy/pastes information already available to the public. An OS, mind you, which has been available since they had started promising a release for 10.2, it must be really scary to be on the company side of things.

Message 46 of 206 (5,211 Views)

This ridiculous testing and waiting better be worth it. I too am impatient yet hopeful.

Message 47 of 206 (5,191 Views)
Teacher

For those that want to know, February 10, 2014 is when 10.2.1.1925 is slated to hit AT&T. Joy!!! I mean for those of you that don't already have it. Start backing up your BlackBerry now in preparation for the big change. BlackBerry is getting set greatness once again!!!
Message 48 of 206 (5,168 Views)

Where did you read this from? Source?
Message 49 of 206 (5,155 Views)
Contributor

I sure hope so, because I want 10.2.1.1925 bad. I have been waiting for too long and I don't want to load the leak just yet.
Message 50 of 206 (5,127 Views)
Tutor

I run the .1925 leak, the features compared to those of you using 10.1 still are absolutely incredible. The main reason I want the official version is that I always have horrible battery drain issues with leaks, even after the indexing is finished. So I'm hoping that the tech department of ATT is reasonably useful and mixes in bar files from the various versions of 10.2.1 that are out there to optimize the performance of the BB10 along with all the wonderful features that it has to offer.

Message 51 of 206 (5,103 Views)
Scholar

"...The main reason I want the official version is that I always have horrible battery drain issues with leaks, even after the indexing is finished. So I'm hoping that the tech department of ATT is reasonably useful and mixes in bar files from the various versions of 10.2.1 that are out there to optimize the performance of the BB10 along with all the wonderful features that it has to offer."

Unfortunately, the OS that will be released is the same one from the leak - radio .bar file included (it's the exact same older radio file than the 10.2.1.1926 version that it should have had).  There won't be any difference.  The "Software Release" will be the same 10.2.1.537 number as the leak too.  AT&T won't mess with that as all the actual OS files are stored on and dispersed from the BlackBerry servers. 

Well, one file did change.  Apparently a voice dictation file was updated according to folks at crackberry who parsed through the files to spot the version differences between the leak and the official manifest.

Message 52 of 206 (5,052 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

"...We appreciate your patience..."

Now that's funny. Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 206 (5,051 Views)

called customer support and they are still dont know the release date!!!

Message 54 of 206 (4,750 Views)
Scholar

well??? att what up? its the 10th and i feel myself going towards T-mobile.

Message 55 of 206 (4,691 Views)
Scholar

It would be better to assume that AT&T has experienced some of the problems reported by other upgraders and elected to err on the side of caution (rather than releasing a host of problems).

. . . . . Pete
Message 56 of 206 (4,598 Views)
Tutor

I downloaded 10.2 update from Rogers on my AT&T Z10 and it works fine.  Would love to have a native relase but can wait for some time.

10.2 is a good upgrade but the hype in my view is a somewhat overrated.  For example, it still lacking automatic highlighting of the date in messages to convert into calendat entry.  There is also a problem with the attachments to calendar entries that is still not fixed.  The attachments can be opened from the meeting invitaiton email but once you accept the meeting, the attachments disappear leaving only a plain text placeholder.  Overall, 10.2 is certainly a step forward.

Message 57 of 206 (4,520 Views)
Contributor

blackberry 10.2 update

[ Edited ]

Come on att you suck. Release the update already not everyone is an android or I phone.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 58 of 206 (4,476 Views)
Voyager

I'm a blackbery Q10 owner and with AT&T for many years. I don't understand why at&t doesn't just come out and inform it's customs on the release date. Why the secret? If it's a month or two then just inform the customer.

10.2 has been out oversees and other countries and not issues.

its maybe time to leave AT&T to another carrier.

Message 59 of 206 (4,007 Views)

ATT should announce when version 10.2 will be available.  I just purchased a Q10 last month and if  ATT was not planning to allow an upgrade, they should have said so in their advertising of Q10.  I have been a loyal customer of ATT for over 15 years and have also purchased Blackberry phones.

Message 60 of 206 (3,908 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.