Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

gkwait wrote:  by "everyone" I assume you mean only the people who sit inside the walls
at&t

G,  Nope!  I clearly mean users like you and me.

Allowing a mellowing period for any updates is prudent so that other people can be inconvenienced with the debugging process if needed.  Ths is true for browsers, photo editors, operating systems, BlackBerry phones, etc., etc., etc.

Once the mellowing period elapses and is observed, a smooth upgrade is usually assured.

. . . . .  Pete

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, I just came back and saw your question about which leak I'm running.

Right now, it's 10.2.0.1767

No issues for me. 

The only real bug I have is that the phone log is one day off.  If I get a phone call from my wife, when I'm done it says the call was at the time I got it, but shows the day as "yesterday".  I'm not sure what that's about, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it anywhere, so I figure it's just me.

I plan to jump even further forward and load up the new 10.2.1.1055 later today.  It has all kinds of new goodies I can't wait to get into.  Posts from other AT&T users on Crackberry say it works great.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

joeldf wrote:   I plan to jump even further forward and load up the new 10.2.1.1055 later today.  It has all kinds of new goodies I can't wait to get into.  Posts from other AT&T users on Crackberry say it works great.

J,   Please report back in this thread as to how your upgrade goes and if it works for you.

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

Took me a while, but I finally got around to loading up 10.2.1.1055.

Lots more tweaks and options in the OS.  But, still a few optimizations need to be worked out.  Apps seem to take a little bit longer to load up.

What is nice is the ability to directly load android APK files right from the file manager now.  A lot of third party mobile android stores seem to work now.  Not Google Play itself, but others do.  The Amazon App store seems to work for a lot of people. 

The new Quick Settings drop down menu is great, and customizable too.  New App Manager gives you much more information and shows all apps on the phone - native, ported, sideloaded and otherwise.

A few more revisions to this OS (and some have spotted builds above 12xx now), and it will be much better.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Those of us that own BlackBerry 10 devices would like to keep up with the rest of the BlackBerry community around the world. Is AT&T afraid they're going to slow down the rise of their baby (iOS).

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

All other networks worldwide have rolled out the 10.2 OS. Why is it taking so long for AT&T? It is really annoying. Why shouldn't we as ATT customers have the right to get the operation systems like everybody else?

I really need some Android apps for work - and I can only do that in the new OS.

I'm beginning to think that chosing ATT as my BlackBerry service provider was a serious mistake. I just called your tecnical support customer service (actually, I've doon it three times in the past weeks). None of your personel even knows what BlackBerry 10 is, let alone 10.2. They keep telling me that I need to update with BlackBerry. Tonight, I was even "transferred to RIM" by your customers service rep even though I kept telling her that it is ATT that needs to provide me with BB10-updates. I mean, RIM is not even the name of the company anymore! Needless to say the phone just died after the c/s rep "transferred" me to RIM. 

I am very dissapointed.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Quote: " Those of us that own BlackBerry 10 devices would like to keep up with the rest of the BlackBerry community around the world. Is AT&T afraid they're going to slow down the rise of their baby (iOS)."

I also am wateing for the update, don't know why (iOS) is treated like a King unless it is money..$

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I agree. Why are US carriers always slower than the rest of the world? Makes me wish I had a NEXUS, then I would get my updates straight from google.

I got a notification on my Z10 that said 10.2.1 was available. Then when I tried to update, it said I had the latest version already (10.1) and when I called tech support they knew nothing about an update being available. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I agree with the others.  Wha is the lag time all about here?  Obviously it is working on other networks - so why is AT&T's so special?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have been with ATT since the 90's, but seriously thinking about changing to Verizon.  Why? Ive read articles that state, ATT will not  be selling the Blackberry Z30! What the heck is going on in your marketing and business dept.  The customers that want to carry a Blackberry should be allowed to do so.  You should not dictate the phones WE LIKE TO CARRY.  And where the @&))(& is the 10.2 update for our z10 (and other bb devices ).  Or you'll lose customers because I'm considering it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.