For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
BBInexpert's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 1:18 AM

Upgrade to Blackberry Passport

Hi, my contract with AT&T is up and I have a Blackberry z10 with AT&T. I want to upgrade/renew to a Blackberry Passport (preferably SE). Is this possible and what steps do I take?

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

It shouldn't be any problem. I upgraded from a Z10 purchased from AT&T to a AT&T branded Passport nearly a couple years ago. Other than a rather annoying problem with the camera not focusing properly, and some Android apps not functioning up to snuff, its been a solid device for my needs.

Backup your Z10 via BlackBerry Blend on your computer and restore the data to the Passport SE. You'll find out more helpful info on Crackberry dot com. I hope you enjoy the phone! Cheers.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@BBInexpert wrote:

Hi, my contract with AT&T is up and I have a Blackberry z10 with AT&T. I want to upgrade/renew to a Blackberry Passport (preferably SE). Is this possible and what steps do I take?

@BBInexpert @Jebjr

except ATT does not sell the passport anymore...  so you will have to go thru BB to get it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Jebjr. The backup process probably would have been my next question Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you Glimmerman; a lot has changed in two years. I do want the Passport so I'll contact the BB folks. Happy Holidays. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm interested in replacing my AT&T Passport, but it's getting hard to find the AT&T version new. Would a non-AT&T model work on their network?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@bradical  As long as it's a US, GSM version, yes you can get one somewhere else.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

So..............you want to upgrade your device. OK its very simple only you need to follow steps:

• Connect the BlackBerry Passport to the computer using the USB cable. BlackBerry Link should start automatically; if it doesn't, launch the program manually.
  • Click the Settings icon.
  • Ensure Automatically check for BlackBerry Link and device software updates is checked.

Have a look on Blackberry Passport Manual for brief explanation. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.