Helpful Links

Upgrade to Blackberry Passport

Contributor

Upgrade to Blackberry Passport

Hi, my contract with AT&T is up and I have a Blackberry z10 with AT&T. I want to upgrade/renew to a Blackberry Passport (preferably SE). Is this possible and what steps do I take?

Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Upgrade to Blackberry Passport

It shouldn't be any problem. I upgraded from a Z10 purchased from AT&T to a AT&T branded Passport nearly a couple years ago. Other than a rather annoying problem with the camera not focusing properly, and some Android apps not functioning up to snuff, its been a solid device for my needs.

Backup your Z10 via BlackBerry Blend on your computer and restore the data to the Passport SE. You'll find out more helpful info on Crackberry dot com. I hope you enjoy the phone! Cheers.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

BBInexpert wrote:

Hi, my contract with AT&T is up and I have a Blackberry z10 with AT&T. I want to upgrade/renew to a Blackberry Passport (preferably SE). Is this possible and what steps do I take?

@BBInexpert @Jebjr

except ATT does not sell the passport anymore...  so you will have to go thru BB to get it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

Thanks Jebjr. The backup process probably would have been my next question Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Thank you Glimmerman; a lot has changed in two years. I do want the Passport so I'll contact the BB folks. Happy Holidays. 

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I'm interested in replacing my AT&T Passport, but it's getting hard to find the AT&T version new. Would a non-AT&T model work on their network?
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

@bradical  As long as it's a US, GSM version, yes you can get one somewhere else.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

So..............you want to upgrade your device. OK its very simple only you need to follow steps:

• Connect the BlackBerry Passport to the computer using the USB cable. BlackBerry Link should start automatically; if it doesn't, launch the program manually.
  • Click the Settings icon.
  • Ensure Automatically check for BlackBerry Link and device software updates is checked.

Have a look on Blackberry Passport Manual for brief explanation. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support