Troubleshoot your device issues
mom2553's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 19th, 2009 1:56 AM

Closed

Unable to receive text messages from Verizon Wireless customers

I have a Blackberry Bold, and can't receive text messages from my friends who are Verizon Wireless customers. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

I finally got it fixed. I called AT&T customer care yesterday and we were told the only fix was to power cycle. That didn't work. Then, I stopped at at store, and the woman said she couldn't fix it. Today, I did the live chat with tech support, and they fixed it in less than 10 minutes. Thank goodness for the techies. They are the best!!!!

Scholar

• 

452 Messages

15 years ago

@mom2553 wrote:

I have a Blackberry Bold, and can't receive text messages from my friends who are Verizon Wireless customers. Any suggestions?

Did you recently port your number from somewhere else (another company, plan, etc)?  Usually this is an account problem.  Give AT&T a call at 18003310500 (from another phone) and they should be able to sort it out. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for the response. Actually it's my son's phone. But we've been with AT&T since 2005. He's had the same phone number since 2005. He just upgraded in December, but the text messages were coming fine until he moved to college, about 2 hours away. AT&T told me yesterday to power cycle the phone -- they said that was the fix. But it didn't work. Any more suggestions?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.