For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
aggie294's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 5:04 AM

Closed

Software version 4.5 for BB Curve 8310

I am just about to install the v4.5 software onto my bb curve 8310, but at the top of the thing i noticed that it said "warning: after completing the loading operation, you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send and recieve messages and use other BlackBerry services." I wanted to know what this meant before i did this so could someone help? thanks

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

well yea than u will be fine

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

I am not exactly sure what it means, unless it means that you have to connect to your network.

I went through with the update with no problems at all, and I do not have the BB data plan to connect on my plan. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

just will have to resend your service books

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

what does this mean exactly? haha

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

ok meaning after u install the new os just go to www.att.blackberry.com or your email setup wizard on your phone log in and go to service book and resend and u will be fine

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

oh ok thanks.

i dont have the bb plan so no internet or email or anything so i should be fine right?

Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

15 years ago

@hotzb22 wrote:
ok meaning after u install the new os just go to www.att.blackberry.com or your email setup wizard on your phone log in and go to service book and resend and u will be fine

Though if you're on BES you have to go through Enterprise Activation to resend the BES service books.  The steps above will resend BIS service books.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.