Troubleshoot your device issues
davidsherzer's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 4:27 PM

Q10 with 10.2 -- significant problems since updating

Hello,

My phone upgraded to OS 10.2 2 weeks ago, and it has been very problematic since then.  As a high level summary:

xx the battery drains like crazy.  I have tried any number of solutions found on various message boards to limit the battery drain, but it just doesn't work.  The device monitor indicates that "standby" eats up most of the battery life.

xx the phone freezes and hiccups all of the time.  Few videos play seamlessly without frequent pauses.  Also, sometimes the phone doesn't ring when people call -- the phone must be in a freeze during the call, because it will go right to voicemail, and I didn't even have an opportunity to pick it up.

xx The text messaging feature frequently stops working.  I can see received texts in my Hub listing, but I can't actually open the text conversation.  It acts like it's opening it, but then stays on the Hub listing.  Also, sometimes I can open the text conversation, but replying won't work.  The mail icon (for sending) stays darkened even when I've typed text.  In all of these instances, the only way to get things working is to reset the phone.

xx I get no notifications when there are voicemails waiting for me.  I have to proactively check voicemail to see if there are messages (which, combined with the phone-not-ringing issue, creates problems).

I connected with someone at AT&T via chat, and they basically set to wipe the phone or contact the provider.  Blackberry says to contact the carrier.

I just want to know if there is a way to make this phone work properly.  I was very excited to get a Blackberry because of the keyboard.  I am willing to forgo all of the many apps and bells and whistles that are available for other phones because it is more powerful for email and other business uses.  However, if the functionality of the essential, nuts-and-bolts features of the device don't work properly, I can't see how it is practical to keep this phone.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and can anyone help me make this phone work the way a phone in the year 2014 should work?

Thanks,

David

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

David,  The folks on this board can help you...

BlackBerry Support Board

Post an exact description there of what you are experiencing.

. . . .  Pete

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.  I will do that.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so much for posting this.  I didn't know if it was a problem with my phone (BB Q10) or the AT&T service.  I've been looking all over the crackberry forums hoping to figure out if something is wrong with my phone.

I too get no indicator if I have a voice mail.  And I've now been notified by the third person that their calls are going straight to my voicemail without even a ring on my end.  This as all been times when I have been sitting at my desk with the phone on.  No reason I should have missed the call.  Also the calls don't show up in my missed call history.

I'm very frustrated about this and wishing I had never traded in my BB Bold for this phone.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

sounds like a setting issues, not the device. I would suggest taking it into AT&T store, but their staff is clueless when it comes to tech device like Blackberry. you should take some time to get to know your phone and explore the settings

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.