For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
4PADCAIN's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 6:38 AM

Marshmallow 6.0 update / BlackBerry Priv

When will AT&T Blackberry Priv update be made available? Seems like every other carrier is rolling out the update, except sLOWwwwww. AT&T.
Get with the program!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Glimmerman, I don't understand your participation in this conversation other than to bait people and incite further frustration. You are not a reliable source of information regarding the PRIV, in fact, you are rather insulting to people. If you are an employee trying to bait people, mission accomplished and now you may move to other threads and irritate already irritated people. I think you only post to build up your numbers to get another banner under your name, you haven't provided any helpful information in this thread. Please don't answer our questions with rude comments or anything less than credible, helpfull solutions. Thank you

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@GodinGal wrote:

Glimmerman, I don't understand your participation in this conversation other than to bait people and incite further frustration. You are not a reliable source of information regarding the PRIV, in fact, you are rather insulting to people. If you are an employee trying to bait people, mission accomplished and now you may move to other threads and irritate already irritated people. I think you only post to build up your numbers to get another banner under your name, you haven't provided any helpful information in this thread. Please don't answer our questions with rude comments or anything less than credible, helpfull solutions. Thank you

@GodinGal

its a public forum.  If people want MM for the ATT priv its not like you cant sign up with BB to beta test it.  I found a Priv for 150 bucks to try it out.  Its not a bad phone just lack luster compaired to other top end devices.  Even the BB CEO admited that much.  There next 2 devices will be mid range android phones and should sell well if priced below 400 bucks.

Here is the link to sign up.  

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login/?cont=portals&act=index&item=

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Glimmerman76;

A)

- I can see that you have not completed research for your suggestions. After you sign up or log in on the link you provided and select the Android BETA test, this is what has been posted for months:

Registration is now closed. Thank you to the thousands of PRIV owners who are participating!

- AT&T Beta test has been also closed for a while. 

- Neither sites gives the option to register and wait.

B)

Related to your comment about "lack luster compaired...", I see that is your opinion and not what other people say. Everyone that sees my PRIV (and they have all kinds of phones including "top-end devices") make positive comments like:

- Its beautiful. Looks so classy. The slide-out keyboard is a nice feature, leaving the whole screen visible while typing. And many more.

- I find difficult to believe that BB CEO "admited that much". Who puts-down their own products? Its OK, you might have misunderstood what he said or what you read.

- I have read about the upcoming BB devices and yes, you are right, they are target for mid range.

We need to understand that phones are like cars. Everyone likes different ones, for different reasons, different tastes, affordability, etc.

By the way.

I read this in another forum (CrackBerry.com) and hope its a hint or clue that Marshmallow may be available soon for the PRIV from AT&T as it was released for Samsung on July 5th:

-

07-01-16, 11:04 AM

Second Thursday of week after next.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I still haven't gotten my marshmallow update and it's been how long? What a waste of $700.00 bucks if ya ask me. We need extra battery life and a lot less bloat on our phones and the privacy that is supposed to come with a BlackBerry! Next time I'm buying a Black phone.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

They closed beta testing a long time ago.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Well thanks for telling me the beta ended.  And there are only 3 main phones left to update.  Priv note 4 and s5.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, I believe the post that read "Second Thursday after next" was an attempt at sarcasm. I think they meant that AT&T will release MM for the PRIV when and if they feel like it. #sigh

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Hi GodinGal,

Well, I believe it was more of an attempt to just sell me a phone and deal with the update issue later. I don't blame the rep that told me that, she was just following orders.

I have had my PRIV since November last year, it was just a way to confirm something that I read on another forum (they had gotten info that the PRIVs they had in stock already had MM, but it turned out that they didn't).

My PRIV is working fine with Lollipop but still would like to have the MM update, its like updates to computers; they are supposed to keep them working properly, add new features and take full advantage of the hardware in them.

In this case its not the manufacturer (BB) who is at fault, its the dealer (ATT) that just wants to make money any way they can. I have read on other forums.att.com from other brands also have problems but come on, why is Blackberry being targeted with the worst support?

As for the "Second Thursday..." it came and passed, and still no MM.

Yeah #sigh.

ATT, what a disappointment !!!

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

8 years ago

UPDATE...

Reports are coming in over at Crackberry that AT&T is finally pushing MM out to their Privs.

Reminder, only those with AT&T sims on the AT&T network will get the update OTA.  Those of you with unlocked AT&T branded Privs on another network will still not get it.

However, the autoloader from BlackBerry is already available.

https://bbapps.download.blackberry.com/Priv/bbry_qc8992_autoloader_user-na-att-AAF355.zip

Hopefully, the link will stay here - it's from the manufacturer, and for the AT&T phone.  The autoloader will wipe the phone, and you have to reset everything back up again, including re-signing into your Google account.  See this from BlackBerry on reloading the software...

http://global.blackberry.com/en/support/smartphones/blackberry-PRIV/reload.html

The new AT&T autoloader for Marshmallow isn't listed on that page at the time of this post (still showing Lollipop AAE599), but it may update later, since the actual autoloader is coming from the same server.

Good luck.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Hey, just got the OTA update from AT&T and my PRIV is running 6.0.1 now !!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.