Helpful Links

Ladies and Gentlemen, The BlackBerry Mobile KEYone

Mentor

Ladies and Gentlemen, The BlackBerry Mobile KEYone

Blackberry Mobile just unveiled their latest PKB device made by TCL Communication. The phone definitely piqued my interest and I'm hoping AT&T considers selling the phone. YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/MTDFAvh5Dtw
Message 1 of 28
Tutor

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, The BlackBerry Mobile KEYone

I'm an AT&T customer who purchase the KEYone.  Was upset that I was forced to leave the BB10 platform (passport), but I'm loving the KEYone so far.  No need to switch carriers as they are being sold unlocked and work perfectly with the AT&T network.

Message 16 of 28
Tutor

So far so good with me.  I'm not having any issues with AT&T LTE.  This is my second unlocked non ATT branded phone.  First was BB10 Passport

Message 17 of 28
Mentor

@joeldf

Thanks for your well informed opinion. I'm planning on holding on to my AT&T branded Passport a while longer. I will take a wait-and-see approach before I transition to a KEYone.  But I see the hype about how well the sales are already in the US; Best Buy has sold out as of a couple days ago. Perhaps I can get my mitts on a displayed unit at their store nearest me. I just may wait even longer for another iteration of the KEYone after 12 months or so. At any rate, happy days for BlackBerry!

Message 18 of 28
Tutor

Hello....

Let's get the record straight....all new is the KeyOne!

• I have been using this now since its 1st week launch....burning it up in biz and for personal.
  • I can attest in the present day without reverting to past years that this is "Best of Best".
  • Stated from actual usage......not as I read from historical reference to years long past! 

The "KeyOne" Blackberry is wonderfully great ! It easily competes against Samsung and IPhone. From my past experience with these competitor's....not a doubt in my mind "KeyOne" equal to and/or better. In addition to security/privacy capabilities the keyboard is terrific....advanced further!   Construction of phone 5 stars...and appearance is something very special in compliment to the android operating system with Blackberry features/enhancements. Price of phone even lees then the competition. Suggest looking at the higher end price clear case for the phone....although the phone it its entirety is one tough product and easily stands-alone without case , I find the cosmetics with the added safety a perfect match.

Hope this helps with experience that has been from pushing this phone to its daily limits .....available for purchase at Amazon and BestBuy . I'm so happy with Blackberry!

sgf32546@gmail.com

Message 19 of 28
Mentor

@ sgf32546,
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your KEYone. I'd like to get my mitts on one to see how it feels. Bestbuy sales the phone on line, but I've not found a store display model and even the phone salespeople at the Bestbuy store don't seem to know about the KEYone! Perhaps when I'm ready I'll simply order it from Amazon.com. Cheers!
Message 20 of 28
ACE - Expert

Jebjr wrote:
@ sgf32546,
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your KEYone. I'd like to get my mitts on one to see how it feels. Bestbuy sales the phone on line, but I've not found a store display model and even the phone salespeople at the Bestbuy store don't seem to know about the KEYone! Perhaps when I'm ready I'll simply order it from Amazon.com. Cheers!

@Jebjr

The problem is LACK of supply.....  TCL is having problems keeping up with demand for their own phones and making the BB phones.  They also did not estimate how well the keyone would sell to Blackberry users wanting something better than they had.  

@sgf32546

Nice review but to say the keyone could hold a candle to the s8 series is a stretch.  I had a keyone for testing and while a nice phone its under powered in my opinion.  Its also about 100 dollars over priced since its not sold thru most carriers.  I liked the keyboard it worked well.  I disliked the stutter it has from time to time or lag if you like.  If the phone had a sd835 and 4 gigs of ram it would be a beast. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 28
Tutor

At $549 it's below what Samsung and Apple want....maybe $200 i think
Message 22 of 28
ACE - Expert

sgf32546 wrote:
At $549 it's below what Samsung and Apple want....maybe $200 i think

With the soc and screen it has it should cost less...  The 1080p display should make the cost less.  The SD625 and 3gigs of ram is what made it cheaper.  FYI the key one is only 100 less than a iphone 7 google pixel and the moto z play 2 is the same price with better specs.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 28
Contributor

Sprint just announced that they are carrying the keyone.  Also I was told by att that I can get it if I were a business client.

Message 24 of 28
ACE - Expert

I have a business account and it's not on the site just a FYI...
Message 25 of 28
Contributor

what about a blackberry priv, I'm a black berry fun since the 90's I still have my old 8700 from cingular and yes still work on my at&t service, but now I'm not sure if the key one is for me after reading all of these post, I wanted one but now maybe I should get an aurora, or priv. I know one thing I want an android berry since I already have an unlocked z30, and a porsche design p9983 also unlocked and they all work great with my at&t service. what should I get now?? need help.

Message 26 of 28
Tutor

I've had it now from 1st week of launch. What your comparing it
to....nothing that would make any sense to me. The ketone takes on Apple
and Samsung and in my opinion competes very favorably. In fact better
because of keyboard, Hub, and quality of manufacturing. ....and the
cosmetics make it a real beauty. If you don't want to be stopped with
people stopping you when the see the phone....then don't buy it.
:-) gary
Message 27 of 28
ACE - Expert

Lol compairing the keyone to a s8 or iPhone 7 is just plain wrong ... The phone lags if you open to many apps... I had a keyone for testing and the build quality was horrible. There are plenty of reports of the screen coming off. So much that tcl said they changed the amount of adhesive on the screen. Compairing a 625 soc to a 835 soc is bad as both sip power but the 835 is more power efficent as it's a 10nm chip
Message 28 of 28
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support