Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2008
10:09:14 PM
View profile
How do I restore my phone
My boyfriend tried to get in my password protected phone and wiped the whole thing by putting the wrong password in too many times..EVERYTHING is gone...is there anyway to get this back or am I just stuck back at square one?
My boyfriend tried to get in my password protected phone and wiped the whole thing by putting the wrong password in too many times..EVERYTHING is gone...is there anyway to get this back or am I just stuck back at square one?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 18, 2008 5:29:53 AM
(0)
Professor
If you use Desktop Manager, and back up the phone as you should, you can restore everything up to your last backup. If you don't back it up, I'm afraid you're back to square one. Consider it a lesson learned and start backing it up.
Accepted Solution

How do I restore my phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2008 3:46:43 AM
(0)
Guru
Thank your boyfriend for doing the security wipe for you and then start over again.  That is why blackberrys are considered secure devices.
Thank your boyfriend for doing the security wipe for you and then start over again.  That is why blackberrys are considered secure devices.

Re: How do I restore my phone

2 of 4 (2,204 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 18, 2008 5:29:53 AM
(0)
Professor
If you use Desktop Manager, and back up the phone as you should, you can restore everything up to your last backup. If you don't back it up, I'm afraid you're back to square one. Consider it a lesson learned and start backing it up.

3 of 4 (2,195 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2008 6:18:02 AM
(0)
Professor

Definitely backup and/or sync often.  If data (no matter where it is stored) is important then back it up.  On a wireless device that could suffer damage or get lost it's even more important IMO.

Definitely backup and/or sync often.  If data (no matter where it is stored) is important then back it up.  On a wireless device that could suffer damage or get lost it's even more important IMO.

4 of 4 (2,188 Views)