Troubleshoot your device issues
MiaEve's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 13th, 2016 6:38 PM

Blackberry Priv issues - calls/texts

I am new to this forum, so please excuse if this issue is a repeat (I'm sure it is), but since I have had the Priv, I'm not receiving text messages (pictures especially) reliably and I would estimate that about 60% of the time whether I am making a call or recieving one, I have to hang up and restart the phone in order to get the other person to hear me.  I have called this in to ATT, and they had me exchange the phone for a new one, but the same issues continued.  Next I spent some time on the phone with a tech rep who had me switch some of the connection settings on the phone, but I'm still having the same issues. 

I'm starting to think the only option is to get another phone because it's caused some real misunderstandings and frustrations.  

Pretty disappointed that when all is said and done - I spent a lot of money on this phone and it doesn't seem that I'm going to be able to get out of it.  Awful experience.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

If you don't mind doing a factory reset, you may be able to fix it. I had heating up and freezing issues after downloading the Sept-16 update and ended up having to back up my data (under options/backup and reset) and then do a factory reset. It wipes the phone but its brand new as soon as it boots back up, you just have to set everything back up and let the back up program restore your apps and folders. After I did it, it was like a brand new phone until I downloaded this Oct update and I'm not as confident it will hold per the many posts on forums about this connection issue from this update. I may never update again. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you so much for your help.  I'm actually not confident that a reset would help, since these issues started creeping up in July after I first got the phone before I had any updates at all.  It has definitley become much more frequent, but I think at first I didn't even know I was not receiving texts.  The microphone issue is pretty much an everyday thing now, although I don't use the phone that much for phone calls, but if I try to send a snapchat video or something - it often records with no sound.  Again - not a huge issue until I get a call from work or something and I have to stop everything to restart the phone so I can communicate with the person who is trying to call me.  By that time, they've usually tracked me down.  This is where the real inconvenience comes in and it's frustrating to think of going through the next couple of years like this.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.