Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 10, 2014
6:46:23 PM
View profile
Blackberry Passport

Will AT&T offer the Blackberry Passport when it's released in September? I hope we can see some love toward Blackberry from AT&T.

Will AT&T offer the Blackberry Passport when it's released in September? I hope we can see some love toward Blackberry from AT&T.

(11)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 24, 2014 8:37:59 AM
(11)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

We will carry the BlackBerry Passport. Pricing & availability will be announced at a later date. Stay tuned for more info.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Passport

194 replies
(10) Me too
(10) Me too
View all replies
(194)
(4)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2014 10:16:24 AM
(4)
Contributor

I am hoping they do and soon after availability. I have been an AT&T Wireless customer since back in the Cellular One days. If some other US Carrier gets it before AT&T, I may have switch after 20+ years of being a loyal customer!

I am hoping they do and soon after availability. I have been an AT&T Wireless customer since back in the Cellular One days. If some other US Carrier gets it before AT&T, I may have switch after 20+ years of being a loyal customer!

Re: Blackberry Passport

2 of 195 (35,744 Views)
(4)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2014 7:23:53 PM
(4)
I hope they have the passport as soon as or soon after the release. I have 8 lines with my family plan and would hate to have to take them somewhere else after being a loyal Att customer for 10 years.
I hope they have the passport as soon as or soon after the release. I have 8 lines with my family plan and would hate to have to take them somewhere else after being a loyal Att customer for 10 years.

I hope they have the passport as soon as or soon after th...

3 of 195 (35,726 Views)
(3)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 1:11:32 AM
(3)
Contributor
All I ever wanted in this world was a blackberry passportpassport
All I ever wanted in this world was a blackberry passportpassport

All I ever wanted in this world was a blackberry passport...

4 of 195 (35,661 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2014 8:05:51 PM
(2)
Contributor
I really hope so, I'm already annoyed that the Z30 wasn't offered. If a premium BBerry device like the Passport or Classic isn't offered shortly, I'll need to investigate other carriers.
I really hope so, I'm already annoyed that the Z30 wasn't offered. If a premium BBerry device like the Passport or Classic isn't offered shortly, I'll need to investigate other carriers.

I really hope so, I'm already annoyed that the Z30 wasn't...

5 of 195 (35,581 Views)
(5)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2014 6:19:17 PM
(5)
Scholar

I agree. If the Passport and the Classic are not offerred by AT&T, I will be looking at Verizon. There is no reason for AT&T to refuse to offer the Z30. 

When I pick up one of these new devices, I will get it online. The AT&T stores will try to talk you in to buying something else. They hate Blackberry.

I agree. If the Passport and the Classic are not offerred by AT&T, I will be looking at Verizon. There is no reason for AT&T to refuse to offer the Z30. 

When I pick up one of these new devices, I will get it online. The AT&T stores will try to talk you in to buying something else. They hate Blackberry.

Re: I really hope so, I'm already annoyed that the Z30 wasn't...

6 of 195 (35,550 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 2:29:36 PM
(2)
Teacher
Edited by tjross on Aug 22, 2014 at 2:45:58 PM

I will buy the BlackBerry PassPort to replace my z10! Hopefully I can pre-order online like I did the q10 b/c ATT Wireless store clerks are brainless and have no clue about mobile device offerings.  Even the "tech geek" clerks are blown away when I show them my z10 running android apps with full GooglePlay store access and recongnition. ..

I will buy the BlackBerry PassPort to replace my z10! Hopefully I can pre-order online like I did the q10 b/c ATT Wireless store clerks are brainless and have no clue about mobile device offerings.  Even the "tech geek" clerks are blown away when I show them my z10 running android apps with full GooglePlay store access and recongnition. ..

[ Edited ]
7 of 195 (35,516 Views)
(4)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2014 9:47:32 AM
(4)
Contributor

I really don't know why the staff at the AT&T stores is so anti Blackberry.  I never saw any posters nor special displays for the Z10.  The Z10 was way in the back of the store and would only know it existed if one asked for it.  AT&T is the biggest player in the US so Blackberry needs to make sure AT&T does a better job of promoting the Passport in store.

The majority of smart phone users have no clue that Blackberry 10 can do anything their phones can and more securely.  People need to be educated and it starts with the guys selling the phones. 

I really do hope they carry it.  I'll go get it the day it comes out.

I really don't know why the staff at the AT&T stores is so anti Blackberry.  I never saw any posters nor special displays for the Z10.  The Z10 was way in the back of the store and would only know it existed if one asked for it.  AT&T is the biggest player in the US so Blackberry needs to make sure AT&T does a better job of promoting the Passport in store.

The majority of smart phone users have no clue that Blackberry 10 can do anything their phones can and more securely.  People need to be educated and it starts with the guys selling the phones. 

I really do hope they carry it.  I'll go get it the day it comes out.

8 of 195 (35,437 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2014 10:16:11 PM
(1)
Contributor

I have a Z10, looking forward to get blackberry passport.

I have a Z10, looking forward to get blackberry passport.

9 of 195 (35,161 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2014 3:31:09 PM
(2)
Mentor

I want to buy a Blackberry Passport.   Never anything else. Where are the new Blackberrys!

I want to buy a Blackberry Passport.   Never anything else. Where are the new Blackberrys!

Where is the Blackberry Passport !!!

10 of 195 (34,173 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2014 6:57:08 AM
(1)
Community Manager

Hi Motorhead77,

We don't have any information at this time as the phone hasn't launched yet. Check online, I believe there are some launch events scheduled to take place soon, and there might be more into released at that time.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi Motorhead77,

We don't have any information at this time as the phone hasn't launched yet. Check online, I believe there are some launch events scheduled to take place soon, and there might be more into released at that time.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Where is the Blackberry Passport !!!

11 of 195 (34,128 Views)
(11)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 24, 2014 8:37:59 AM
(11)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

We will carry the BlackBerry Passport. Pricing & availability will be announced at a later date. Stay tuned for more info.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, everyone!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

12 of 195 (33,998 Views)
Solution
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2014 9:26:42 AM
(1)
Teacher

Im hearing available Oct 1st for $249 w/ contract. .. I hope this date is accurate! 

Im hearing available Oct 1st for $249 w/ contract. .. I hope this date is accurate! 

13 of 195 (33,965 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 8:49:50 AM
(1)
Teacher

AT&T is the exclusive carrier for this amazing device - it has sold out on Amazon with 5 star reviews. It sold 200,000 units in the first 6 hours of release. Yet not a hint of it at the AT&T website, a search turns up nothing. No ads, no announcements. No way to preorder no listings, nothing. What gives AT&T, still down on BlackBerry?

I had to buy a Verizon Z30 becasue AT&T would not support it. I get very old BB 10 OS upgdates from AT&T.

I'm ready to change carriers after 15 years with AT&T since the cingular days. iPhones bend.

I will wait to see how well you support the BlackBerry Classic, because I WILL change to whichever carrier supports it.

You people still seem to be stuck on the bendy phones.

AT&T is the exclusive carrier for this amazing device - it has sold out on Amazon with 5 star reviews. It sold 200,000 units in the first 6 hours of release. Yet not a hint of it at the AT&T website, a search turns up nothing. No ads, no announcements. No way to preorder no listings, nothing. What gives AT&T, still down on BlackBerry?

I had to buy a Verizon Z30 becasue AT&T would not support it. I get very old BB 10 OS upgdates from AT&T.

I'm ready to change carriers after 15 years with AT&T since the cingular days. iPhones bend.

I will wait to see how well you support the BlackBerry Classic, because I WILL change to whichever carrier supports it.

You people still seem to be stuck on the bendy phones.

BlackBerry Passport - Where is it?

14 of 195 (32,569 Views)
(3)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 9:11:14 AM
(3)
Contributor
I 100% agree with you! It's not up to the iphone users that work at att to tell me what phone I want. I KNOW what phone I want, and it's a BlackBerry Passport.
I 100% agree with you! It's not up to the iphone users that work at att to tell me what phone I want. I KNOW what phone I want, and it's a BlackBerry Passport.

I 100% agree with you! It's not up to the iphone users th...

15 of 195 (32,552 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 9:35:57 AM
(1)
Contributor

Well fancy meeting you here BlackJack!  I too am waiting for ATT to put up the announcement since it's suppose to be available in two days.

I just can't believe that don't have a page up to pre-order yet.

Well fancy meeting you here BlackJack!  I too am waiting for ATT to put up the announcement since it's suppose to be available in two days.

I just can't believe that don't have a page up to pre-order yet.

Re: BlackBerry Passport - Where is it?

16 of 195 (32,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 10:52:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

Check your PM

Check your PM

17 of 195 (32,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 12:54:10 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have yet to see a pre-order screen or any hint of availability. I hope this means that AT&T is trying to provide incentives. If I do not see anything this week I will look at possibly going elsewhere.
I have yet to see a pre-order screen or any hint of availability. I hope this means that AT&T is trying to provide incentives. If I do not see anything this week I will look at possibly going elsewhere.

I have yet to see a pre-order screen or any hint of avail...

18 of 195 (32,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 2:12:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
This will be a deal breaker for me as well. If I don't see an announcement or am able to pick one up in a corporate store by the time any other US carrier announces it or stocks it, I'm taking my 6 lines elsewhere.
This will be a deal breaker for me as well. If I don't see an announcement or am able to pick one up in a corporate store by the time any other US carrier announces it or stocks it, I'm taking my 6 lines elsewhere.

This will be a deal breaker for me as well. If I don't se...

19 of 195 (32,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 2:45:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
I had to buy my z30's from Verizon and Shop BlackBerry because AT&T didn't have it. I have a corporate account and will take it to whichever carrier gets the Passport. AT&T is a total failure. If they're supposed to have a head start exclusive, its sure doesn't look like it.
I had to buy my z30's from Verizon and Shop BlackBerry because AT&T didn't have it. I have a corporate account and will take it to whichever carrier gets the Passport. AT&T is a total failure. If they're supposed to have a head start exclusive, its sure doesn't look like it.

I had to buy my z30's from Verizon and Shop BlackBerry be...

20 of 195 (32,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2014 5:49:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Blackberry has already announced that AT&T will be the exclusive carrier of the Passport in the USA. Yes, we have not heard one thing from AT&T about it. 

I just hope that when I walk into my AT&T store to look at the Passport that they don't tell me that Blackberry doesn't make phones anymore, or that Blackberry is out of business. Or worse yet, telling me that I need an Android or Iphone. I know what i want.

Blackberry has already announced that AT&T will be the exclusive carrier of the Passport in the USA. Yes, we have not heard one thing from AT&T about it. 

I just hope that when I walk into my AT&T store to look at the Passport that they don't tell me that Blackberry doesn't make phones anymore, or that Blackberry is out of business. Or worse yet, telling me that I need an Android or Iphone. I know what i want.

Re: I had to buy my z30's from Verizon and Shop BlackBerry be...

21 of 195 (32,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 12:27:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am one of the lucky few with the Passport. I got it through a Canadian connection on Day One. I am using it on AT&T. Unlike the Z30, Passport is holding LTE everywhere I've been so far.

I won't review it here because you can find lots of reviews and I won't add to what others have already said. I will only say, for me it replaced my Z30, which was the best phone

I have ever used, until now.

Since only Passport and Porsche BlackBerry phones can use Blend, and I haven't seen any reviews of Blend, I'll say it works extremely well on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3. I can skip putting Outlook on my Surface and use my Passport as a textual communications hub. Since my Passport already handles all my accounts, and since Blend brings them to my Surface, and I trust BlackBerry security more than Microsoft, Blend really does blend together the capabilities of my Passport and Surface to improve my productivity.

I am one of the lucky few with the Passport. I got it through a Canadian connection on Day One. I am using it on AT&T. Unlike the Z30, Passport is holding LTE everywhere I've been so far.

I won't review it here because you can find lots of reviews and I won't add to what others have already said. I will only say, for me it replaced my Z30, which was the best phone

I have ever used, until now.

Since only Passport and Porsche BlackBerry phones can use Blend, and I haven't seen any reviews of Blend, I'll say it works extremely well on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3. I can skip putting Outlook on my Surface and use my Passport as a textual communications hub. Since my Passport already handles all my accounts, and since Blend brings them to my Surface, and I trust BlackBerry security more than Microsoft, Blend really does blend together the capabilities of my Passport and Surface to improve my productivity.

22 of 195 (32,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 7:37:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

When I can't figure something out I tend to follow the money.  It wouldn't surprise me at all that companies like Apple and Samung offer kickbacks to both AT&T itself, and to employees in the store as "commission" on selling specific devices.  BlackBerry has never played that game.  Should they?  Maybe, maybe not.

When I can't figure something out I tend to follow the money.  It wouldn't surprise me at all that companies like Apple and Samung offer kickbacks to both AT&T itself, and to employees in the store as "commission" on selling specific devices.  BlackBerry has never played that game.  Should they?  Maybe, maybe not.

23 of 195 (32,259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 1:11:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

After paying endlessly for an insurance plan for my Blackberry Q10, I had to finally get my Q10 replaced because it inexplicably ceased to operate. I called ATT's THIRD PARTY insurance carrier and they told me that they no longer carried the Q10, and that they could only offer me the Blackberry Bold instead. Needles to say, I was livid. They consider the Bold to be of equal value as the Q10. I did not take their offer that came with a 150 dollar replacement fee. My question is: WILL THE SAME HAPPEN WITH THE PASSPORT? WILL YOUR THIRD PARTY PHONE INSURANCE PROVIDER BE ABLE TO REPLACE A PASSPORT WITH ANOTHER PASSPORT?   

After paying endlessly for an insurance plan for my Blackberry Q10, I had to finally get my Q10 replaced because it inexplicably ceased to operate. I called ATT's THIRD PARTY insurance carrier and they told me that they no longer carried the Q10, and that they could only offer me the Blackberry Bold instead. Needles to say, I was livid. They consider the Bold to be of equal value as the Q10. I did not take their offer that came with a 150 dollar replacement fee. My question is: WILL THE SAME HAPPEN WITH THE PASSPORT? WILL YOUR THIRD PARTY PHONE INSURANCE PROVIDER BE ABLE TO REPLACE A PASSPORT WITH ANOTHER PASSPORT?   

Blackberry passport

24 of 195 (31,081 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 10:44:05 PM
(1)
Teacher

You have not answered the question of why you are not promoting or even acknowleging your exclusive sale deal on the BlackBerry Passport. No ads, no news no listing no preorders. Do you deserve exclusivity?

Too many iPhones to unload?

Please do not lock or move this thread until the question is answered.

This will surely be taken care of in the media if you refuse to answer. There are connections you may not be aware of directly to John Chen.

You have not answered the question of why you are not promoting or even acknowleging your exclusive sale deal on the BlackBerry Passport. No ads, no news no listing no preorders. Do you deserve exclusivity?

Too many iPhones to unload?

Please do not lock or move this thread until the question is answered.

This will surely be taken care of in the media if you refuse to answer. There are connections you may not be aware of directly to John Chen.

Why are you burying and locking threads about the BlackBerry Passport?

25 of 195 (31,708 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:37:18 AM
(1)
Contributor
Why is it that your store employees will not acknowledge that you are even going to carry the BlackBerry Passport? Zero promo from AT&T.
Why is it that your store employees will not acknowledge that you are even going to carry the BlackBerry Passport? Zero promo from AT&T.

BlackBerry Passport

26 of 195 (31,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:26:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
Come on AT&T, stop wasting my time. I want the Passport and even though you've acknowledged that you will carry it, you say you don't know when it will be available.

Do you honestly think we're stupid enough to believe you don't know?
Come on AT&T, stop wasting my time. I want the Passport and even though you've acknowledged that you will carry it, you say you don't know when it will be available.

Do you honestly think we're stupid enough to believe you don't know?

BlackBerry Passport, when????

27 of 195 (31,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:32:05 PM
(0)
Contributor
Seriously, I belong to the company that has the exclusive on the phone I want, but yet I can't get it. It's been a week since launch and I don't even have a date?? Something isn't right here.
Seriously, I belong to the company that has the exclusive on the phone I want, but yet I can't get it. It's been a week since launch and I don't even have a date?? Something isn't right here.

Seriously, I belong to the company that has the exclusive...

28 of 195 (31,348 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:50:18 PM
(2)
Tutor
All I see on TV are AT&T commercials for the iBend6. They can promote Apple all they like, just let me buy what I wish want.
All I see on TV are AT&T commercials for the iBend6. They can promote Apple all they like, just let me buy what I wish want.

All I see on TV are AT&T commercials for the iBend6. They...

29 of 195 (31,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:50:36 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by nerdydaddyo on Oct 1, 2014 at 4:52:57 AM

I'm just thankful that the Passport is available unlocked already so that we can circumvent carriers who do not keep up with the rest of the world. I know that not everyone can afford a 600 dollar unlocked Passport (technically, I couldn't either, but I made it happen anyways), but having that option allowed the phone to sell and showed the world that the demand was there. 

I'm just thankful that the Passport is available unlocked already so that we can circumvent carriers who do not keep up with the rest of the world. I know that not everyone can afford a 600 dollar unlocked Passport (technically, I couldn't either, but I made it happen anyways), but having that option allowed the phone to sell and showed the world that the demand was there. 

Agreed, AT&T. I've been with you guys since 2006. Every p...

[ Edited ]
30 of 195 (30,985 Views)