Troubleshoot your device issues
madkidd's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 4th, 2008 12:34 AM

Closed

BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card

I just ordered a brand new 2GB SanDisk MicroSD Card (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDNPVM) to place in my brand new BlackBerry Pearl 8110.

After placing it into the Pearl it is not detected. The Pearl acts as if no card is even in the phone. I then place the SAME MicroSD card into my card reader connected via USB to my computer and it works fine.

I have tried:

1. Formatting the card in FAT
2. Formatting the card in FAT32
3. Formatting the card in NTFS
4. Putting the card in while the phone is off.
5. Putting the card in while the phone is on. Resetting the phone.
6. Putting the card in while the phone is on but media card support is off. Turning media support on.
7. Putting the card in while the phone is on and media card support is on. Turning media support off, save, then on.
8. Setting up a "blackberry\music" director on the card.
9. Setting up only a "blackberry" folder under the root.
10. Setting up only a "BlackBerry" folder under the root (maybe case-sensative?)
11. I went to www.att.com/bbdownloads and made sure that I have the latest software both on the phone and the desktop.

None of the above have worked. Nothing. No matter what I do my phone acts as if there is no card present in the phone.

I am will to try any and all suggestions.

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

485 Messages

15 years ago

@madkidd wrote:
Like I mentioned in my original post my Pearl acts as if nothing is even in the media slot and therefore the "Format" option on the devise is not there.

If you did #5 on your list by pulling the battery, there may be a problem with the device itself. Have you tried a different card if one is available?

Guru

• 

485 Messages

15 years ago

@madkidd wrote:
I just ordered a brand new 2GB SanDisk MicroSD Card (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDNPVM) to place in my brand new BlackBerry Pearl 8110.

After placing it into the Pearl it is not detected. The Pearl acts as if no card is even in the phone. I then place the SAME MicroSD card into my card reader connected via USB to my computer and it works fine.

I have tried:

1. Formatting the card in FAT
2. Formatting the card in FAT32
3. Formatting the card in NTFS
4. Putting the card in while the phone is off.
5. Putting the card in while the phone is on. Resetting the phone.
6. Putting the card in while the phone is on but media card support is off. Turning media support on.
7. Putting the card in while the phone is on and media card support is on. Turning media support off, save, then on.
8. Setting up a "blackberry\music" director on the card.
9. Setting up only a "blackberry" folder under the root.
10. Setting up only a "BlackBerry" folder under the root (maybe case-sensative?)
11. I went to www.att.com/bbdownloads and made sure that I have the latest software both on the phone and the desktop.

None of the above have worked. Nothing. No matter what I do my phone acts as if there is no card present in the phone.

I am will to try any and all suggestions.

Try formatting the card with the device. When in Media Card settings, press the Menu key and choose Format Card. See if that works.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Like I mentioned in my original post my Pearl acts as if nothing is even in the media slot and therefore the "Format" option on the devise is not there.

Professor

• 

454 Messages

15 years ago

Try a different microSD card....does that work? Bring it into your local ATT store and let them check it out. They can try it with one of their microSD cards. If theirs doesn't work either, then your BB needs repair.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

@jigsawIV wrote:

@madkidd wrote:

If you did #5 on your list by pulling the battery, there may be a problem with the device itself. Have you tried a different card if one is available?

Ah, thank you very much for this post. Doing #5 by pulling the battery worked and it is now reading my card! Thank you much!

Guru

• 

485 Messages

15 years ago

@madkidd wrote:

@jigsawIV wrote:

@madkidd wrote:

Ah, thank you very much for this post. Doing #5 by pulling the battery worked and it is now reading my card! Thank you much!

You are very welcome. I'm glad it worked for you! Smiley Very Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.