For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
pippimarried's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, December 2nd, 2016 6:19 PM

BlackBerry OS 10.3.3.1359 Release

BlackBerry released the OS update of 10.3.3.1359 this week. When will AT&T customers see this update come to their devices. I rarely get BlackBerry10 Updates, even when the manufacturer has released them. Why do we have to wait so long for AT&T to support their BlackBerry customers?!

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi there @pippimarried!

I’m sorry for the wait with those updates! I reviewed our update logs and it does not appear we have released this update or have an ETA for it.

My apologies for that, any updates we push out over the network are first tweaked and tested back and forth between the developers and our own network team.

Thank you for reaching out about this! Welcome to the AT&T Community!

Bradilynn, AT&T Community Specilaist 

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

@ATTCares

I've had OS 10.3.3.2049 (SW 10.3.3.1359) on my phone since last Thursday. No problems so far.

I had been running 10.3.2.2876 (SW 10.3.2.2836) for a year before that.

Your current "Official OS" (OS 10.3.2.858, SW 10.3.2.556) is extremely old and very out-of-date.  And it has several bugs that have since fixed with newer builds - including some big security issues that have been fixed as well.

I've been running these builds with no issues on your network.  I've always had newer builds than whatever was AT&T's "official OS" on my BlackBerry phones going back to my old Pearl 8100.  Never had a problem.  I don't know what your people are "testing".

As far as I'm concerned, testing done, you may release the new OS now... 🙂

I mean, really... I'm sure that it won't matter all that much to just let the couple of hundred BlackBerry 10 devices that are left on your network get the OTA updates straight from the servers as they are issued to the rest of the world without being filtered by the AT&T MCC/MNC codes.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

Well said joeldf! I'm currently running the outdated 10.3.2.556 on my BlackBerry Passport. Will you please share how you updated your BlackBerry?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the support @joeldf and @Jebjr. It's nice to see more proactive BlackBerry users out there!

Employee

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I recived OS 10.3.3.1359 update pushed OTA this morning, well my BB was over wifi when i saw the update pushed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

@hotsun20000 is your device locked on AT&T or a factory unlocked from BlackBerry?

Still no update here. 😞

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

I'm locked in on AT&T. I'll likely have to wait a while until AT&T pushes the update. Been there and done that.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jebjr,

Here are some links in how to update your phone.  AT&T shouldn't have a problem with the first one since {Inappropriate content removed} 

Autoloaders are destructive.  Meaning you'll have a fresh OS with nothing else on it.  All apps, accounts and setting will have to be re-setup.  If you have Link working on your PC, you can back it up (will take forever), and restore after loading the OS, but that's not really advised unless you want to do a selective restore and restore only your apps (I suggest not including the BlackBerry Runtime app, which is actually the android runtime settings because that doesn't carry over well from OS version to OS version).

If you're really adventurous, there is the non-destructive method using Sachesi - it is mentioned in that link above, but direct access to the files needed are here:

{Inappropriate content removed}

Read that first post carefully, and follow other links there for the needed information.

Good luck.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you very much. I'll look into the DYI way of updating my device rather than to wait on AT&T to push it. Take care.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Another update pushed out today. Now we're up to 10.3.3.1435. BlackBerry leads the market in security. I don't understand what more AT&T has to do to make sure that the version is solid. Can AT&T please support its customers and get BlackBerry 10 updates out to us quickly! This is enough to make me switch carriers.

BlackBerry fans that want to stay up to date should follow UTB Blogs for BlackBerry news, tips, and support!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.