Troubleshoot your device issues
Jebjr's profile

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 12:15 PM

BlackBerry 10.3 Update for my Z10?

Is there any glimmer of hope AT&T will allow me to update my device? I've owned the phone for nearly two years and I want to use it to its full extent. Are there other Z10 users in agreement?

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

Well... this is AT&T we're talking about.

But also, why not wait until BB actually releases 10.3 officially, first.

And, BTW, the Z10 isn't even supposed to get 10.3 itself - that is supposedly reserved only for the Passport when it comes out sometime in September.  The rest of us is supposed to get 10.3.1 later in October or November - if everything goes as planned.

That means AT&T might release it some time in Feburary or March of 2015...Smiley Frustrated

However, I won't wait that long.  I'll get whoever puts out a compatible version of the OS and load it up on my phone way before AT&T gets around to even remembering that they have BlackBerry users on their network.

I could load any of the leaked beta versions of 10.3 that out there now, but I'm waiting on a good post-1000 build version to be leaked.  They have finally gone past 1000 last week for internal testing at BB.  No word on when carrier testing will start (which is the best chance of seeing a new leak at this point)

I'll join the chorus and fuss at AT&T about being slow, but I never have waited and never will wait on them.

Technically, AT&T can't stop you from loading any OS you want - you just have to know where to find them, and know how to load it up.  If you haven't already, check out Crackberry.com.  Plenty of resources there to get, and load various OS files - either with autoloaders, or downloading OSs that other carriers have allowed long before AT&T gets around to it.  It's what I've done since I got my Z10 just over a year ago.  I think I had an actual "AT&T Approved" OS on my phone for a full 2 weeks when I first got it just to get to know the phone first.  Then, I loaded up a much better build that fixed a lot of things the AT&T approved OS still had problems with.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the tip joeldf. Your prediction of  a 10.3.1 update in six months is likely spot on. I am having a senior moment, but did some short of exploit force AT&T's hand for 10.2.1 update earlier this year? At any rate I'll keep my ear to the rail. Please let us know when a viable OS leak/update is posted.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The 10.2.1 update was a total fiasco!  I got a knot in my stomach when I read about 10.3.1 release.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Why wait when you can get autoloader online?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm afraid to use an autoloader because I have so many side-loaded apps and whatnot that won't backup properly.  A restore would be very tricky and time consuming.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

take screenshots and rebuild your setup after you load new OS. I know it sounds like a hastle, but you are asking for something that doesnt exist without a little hard work. Sideloading is a sinch with Chrome browser extension.  It takes no longer then 1-2 hours to load new OS and rebuild you old setup. Trust me when I say your device will be transformed with 10.3.0 -  just do it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.