Troubleshoot your device issues
jpdcubsfan's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, February 26th, 2015 1:32 AM

BlackBerry 10.3.1 software update

When is the new BB10.3.1 update going to be available for all BB10 devices on AT&T?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @jpdcubsfan

I’d be happy to help with this anticipated update! Whilst we are unable to provide a rollout date for updates, I’d recommend checking out our Software Updates page which is regularly updated to display the latest update information for your device!

I hope this helps!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Just spent about two hours with att representatives looking for when BB10.3.will be available for update to all BB users on att, but just got the usual att round around with no answer. Does anyone know if this could be a breach of contract by att by not making phone updates available to its customers within a reasonable period of time, since this update has been made available else where world wide, so that I can legally breaj my contract with att so I can go to a carrier that has this update already available for download?

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

9 years ago

You could read your contract to see if there is such a promise from AT&T... but you won't find it.

The contract is made to AT&T's advantage - in every way.  You can't even try to sue them over... well... anything.

On the other hand, there is nothing in there preventing you from loading up any BlackBerry available OS you want.  Technically, it won't even void your warranty (if you're still under one), because the software is made by BlackBerry - even the leaked ones you load up with Sachesi, DBBT, or using an autoloader.

(If you don't know what those are, Google them and then head over to the first links that go to Crackberry.com and spend a day learning all about them - trust me, you'll be glad you did.)

If history tells us anything, it's that you just can't rely on AT&T to keep up.  Sometimes they do, but most times, they don't.

Right after I got my Z10 in July of 2013 - there was an AT&T release of 10.1.0.2074.  One of the buggiest versions with all kinds of problems.  They never updated to one of the much better 4000+ builds that everyone else in the world was issuing about a month later.  AT&T was stuck on 2074 for so long - they never even released 10.2.0 officially when it came out in early 2014.  They waited and waited.  When 10.2.1 came out, they waited another 2 months before finally officially offering that OS.  Amazingly, they actually updated again a couple of months later to 10.2.1.3337 (Software Version 10.2.1.3014) which is one of the last 10.2.1 builds BlackBerry made before work went full bore into 10.3 and then 10.3.1.

It's the version that AT&T is still on to this day.

But, hey, they do offer 10.3.1 for the Classic and Passports...

Oh, and just to relay my own story having been using a BlackBerry since 2007 - I always jumped on the newest OS I could find going back to having a Pearl 8100 running OS 4.1, then 4.5.  When I updated to the Torch 9800, again, I stayed ahead with newer builds of OS 6 than what AT&T offered.  In fact, just 1 year after the 9800 came out, AT&T stopped updating the OS beyond 6.0.0.600.  The rest of the world kept getting newer builds, and up to another year and a half later, I was up to build 756 (using the official OS offered by Vodafone, Spain).

If you check what OS AT&T is still offering for the 9800, it is still 6.0.0.600.

Back to the current BB10 phones, even though I've already updated to 10.3.1.2267 (Software Release 10.3.1.1581 - because that's what the carriers go by) on my own several weeks ago, I do keep up with what AT&T officially releases because I know many don't want to go outside "official" releases - and I come here to push AT&T just as hard to update for those customers.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for your wonderfull reply and will try‎ what you said. I am not very technically inclined but will try any thing just to get the new or. I have also used blackberrys for a long time, tried the iPhone for about six months didn't like it and came back to blackberry. I'm going to do some research on other carriers and see if they put out updates in a more timely fashion and then switch as soon as my current contract is up with att. Looking forward to probably getting the passport or classic. Again thanks for your advice.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

So AT&T where is the BlackBerry 10.3.1 update for all your BlackBerry users? Do you even intend to give it to your customers? You should let us know so if you're not going to have it available we can break our current contract to go with a carrier that does have the current update.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @jpdcubsfan

I’d be happy to help with this highly anticipated update!

At this time, we do not have a release date for 10.3.1 on all Blackberry devices. The release of an update is a joint effort between ourselves and Blackberry, and goes through a thorough certification, and testing process before it can be fully launched. I would recommend checking out our Software Updates page for information on the latest update for your device.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Same reply you give out each and every time I don't believe you really intend to put out an update that's why I can't wait till my contract is up so I can switch to another carrier if I don't decide to break contract earlier and not pay you a dime see how you like to wait.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @jpdcubsfan Thanks for posting your questions about software updates for your phone. It’s a very popular topic to be sure! 

At this time we do not have any release information for 10.3.1. Rest assured that once it’s available we will send it to your phone over the air. Please feel free to visit our update site at www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp the most up to date software releases.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T runs my Z30, but I did not purchase it from them (only Verizon offered the Z30.) I purchased mine from Shop BlackBerry (The GSM capable version for AT&T's network.)

I got the update by putting the BlackBerry on wifi and taking the SIM out. Then restart and go to Settings/Software Updates and see if you can get it...

It may have worked for me becasue I didn't purchase from AT&T, I don't know... but it might be worth a try.

Also take note there is an issue of the BlackBerry "black screening" when the battery gets too low. It is being investigated. So if you do update - don't get your battery too low until that is resolved.

Good Luck!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion, however it did not work, all under ATT's control. I will keep serching for away, again thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.