For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ckuczek's profile

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Thursday, December 11th, 2008 9:24 PM

Closed

BLACKBERRY CURVE CHARGER ISSUE

I posted a message regarding this issue before and I would like to know what is able to be done about the following problem.  I own a BlackBerry Curve and recently noticed that the charger light near the top of the device will suddenly shut off while the phone is being charged.  I just plugged the charger in to the phone and the light did not immediately come on.  I plugged it in again and the battery charger light turned on once and then shut off.  I had to reinsert the charger into the plug in the phone and it worked.  Could this possibly be a charger issue and not a cell phone issue?

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

15 years ago

Yes, it's possible that either the charger or your device could be acting up. Here's how to test your theory:

To see if the charger is bad, just find another mini-USB charger and try it out. If you can't get ahold of one, just go to your local company-owned AT&T store... they'll probably be generous enough to let you test one of theirs. If this fixes the problem you're only out $30 for a new charger. 🙂

If, on the other hand, you use another charger and the same thing happens... well, it could be a number of problems. Too many to really list here, but one of the more likely causes could be the battery. If you try charging your phone with another battery in it and the same thing is happening... well, I hope you have insurance or are eligible for an upgrade. Smiley Very Happy

Professor

• 

517 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I will try that.  My father has a BlackBerry 8700c for work that uses the exact same charger.  I'll see if I can use his tonight and if the charger works, then I can see that it's just the charger that needs replacing.  If, however, the charger does the same thing, I'll look into getting a new battery for my phone.  If worse comes to worse, I'll have to look into replacing my phone.  Thanks again for the suggestion.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

15 years ago

I figure I'll save you some more trouble, then. Since you're going to be borrowing that charger it may be helpful to know that your Curve and his 8700c both use the same battery (C-S2)! So if the charger doesn't work, you can try his battery too, assuming it works lol!

Good luck, and hey - if worse comes to worse you just may be forced to go get a Bold. Smiley Tongue

Professor

• 

517 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try that.  If I have to get another phone, I may actually try a different phone.  I don't know.  I'm thinking that it's the charger and not the phone itself.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.