Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 20, 2013
7:12:13 PM
BB Torch 9810 and BB Data Plan

Does anyone knows if there is a commitment for the data plan itself?

I am fed up with the GPS that which the only reason I have a data plan. Everytime I get lost and need to use it there is almost always no GPS signal.

I already have my standalone GPS with traffic updates so I don't need the data plan anymore.

That being said, will changing my BB Torch to a regular phone, voice and text messaging only, automatically remove my BB data plan? Do I have an option to remove it after changing phones? The account is still under a commitment though.

Does anyone knows if there is a commitment for the data plan itself?

I am fed up with the GPS that which the only reason I have a data plan. Everytime I get lost and need to use it there is almost always no GPS signal.

I already have my standalone GPS with traffic updates so I don't need the data plan anymore.

That being said, will changing my BB Torch to a regular phone, voice and text messaging only, automatically remove my BB data plan? Do I have an option to remove it after changing phones? The account is still under a commitment though.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 21, 2013 5:25:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nope, there is no commitment to using a specific phone, i.e. a smartphone, in your case. You have the option to "downgrade" your phone back to a feature phone. Just be sure to call AT&T and let them know that you are no longer using a smartphone so that they can remove your data plan for you.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

BB Torch 9810 and BB Data Plan

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 21, 2013 5:25:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nope, there is no commitment to using a specific phone, i.e. a smartphone, in your case. You have the option to "downgrade" your phone back to a feature phone. Just be sure to call AT&T and let them know that you are no longer using a smartphone so that they can remove your data plan for you.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: BB Torch 9810 and BB Data Plan

2 of 2 (2,298 Views)
Solution