Troubleshoot your device issues
SJPusateri's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 9:59 PM

BB Priv Network Connection Problem

Since an update about two weeks ago my BlackBerry Priv has serious issues staying connected to the ATT Network. I have been given a new phone and the problem has persisted. I originally did not equate the issue with the update due to the problems taking about 3 days to show up after the update, nor did the tech mention the update possibly being the issue. After I got the new phone about three days later the same problem has come back, and ATT solution is a new phone, and it is a bit frustrating because I really like the Priv, but am being forced to change to a Galaxy to garuntee network conectivity. Not the way to run a business.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm having the exact same issues with my Blackberry Priv staying connected to the ATT network, now for the last two weeks.  Initially I was told it was my SIM card, replaced it, problem persisted. Then I was told it was the device, so I filed a claim on my insurance and purchased a new phone only to have the same issues continue as soon as I pulled out of the AT&T parking lot.  Love my Blackberry, but it seems as if AT&T is more focused on troubleshooting issues and selling IPhone (Apple) products.  Hardly no support for Blackberry users and the majority of the staff know little to nothing about Blackberry devices.  It would seem if you are going to carry a product, there would be ample training.  Just about done and ready to switch carriers after being a loyal customer for the past 18+ years.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The ultimate solution for me and AT&T was for them to replace my Priv with a S7. It is not the solution I wanted, but I needed my phone to work. I have let AT&T know when my contract is up in a few months I will probably be leaving. It is very frustrating to have to leave a company that I have been with for years. I also use AT&T for internet and Direct for entertainment; If I am able to find suitble replacement I will replace these services as well. Nobody supports BlackBerry very well, so it is just the principle of the issue and AT&T releasing an update without testing it throughly. Not a happy ending, I would really like to know how many people are in the same position

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Same issue here and I too may be leaving at&t after many years of service with them, even my home internet has worn me down so I'll be changing that as well. I was supposed to receive a priv to replace the defective device but got a Samsung S6 and had to call again to to request a priv but not sure it will help and that's the deciding factor.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

att and Priv are not a good match... not a money maker for corpaorte, so they dont care. Try TMobile...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having this exact same problem too. Have my entire family on PRIVs as well. My aunt is calling me like crazy, my step dad, and now I'm having insane problems with this. It's unacceptable. Seriously considering getting off AT&T and just going with Google Fi. Why is no one from AT&T responding here?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I downloaded it on Monday and so far no issues but all my friends have had connection issues and feel the same. I haven't really left my immediate local area (15 mile radius) so it's hard to tell but you can bet if enough people complain or leave, AT&T will do something. Its and Android update so something should come down the line. Regardless, love the phone and staying with it. You can always do a factory reset if you have to which will wipe the phone and rogue codes that could be causing it. But then you reset it up again. Just did it because Sept's update caused my phone to heat up and freeze. Like new until this week when I downloaded this one-LOL-not really funny!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.