Troubleshoot your device issues
lakerats's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 7th, 2009 1:53 AM

Closed

BB Curve 8900 - Blinking Light (Red, Green, Yellow)

Most likely a duplicate - apologies.  But...

What's up with the sometimes blinking light at the upper right corner of the device?  Just when I think I have it figured out, I notice something new.

Sometimes blinks when on charge.  Sometimes blinks when it needs a charge.  Sometime blinks when I receive mail.  Right now I'm charging the device from dead, stone cold....it blinked for awhile but has stopped at about 10% charge.

I am ready to be enlightened.

Clif

Spicewood, TX

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

The following link will explain what the leds mean and how to change notifications.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

If you need help figuring out anything else that is on your BB, you can click on the "HELP" icon in the menu. There is a lot of information in there which people just don't think about, that explains  most things about the Blackberry device that you are using.

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

@irish Rose wrote:
If you need help figuring out anything else that is on your BB, you can click on the "HELP" icon in the menu. There is a lot of information in there which people just don't think about, that explains  most things about the Blackberry device that you are using.

Don't you find it strange that something as simple as led notifications are not covered in the manual? It is actually amazing that all cell phone manuals, not just BB's, are so lacking.

Scholar

• 

236 Messages

15 years ago

@guandalf wrote:

@irish Rose wrote:

Don't you find it strange that something as simple as led notifications are not covered in the manual? It is actually amazing that all cell phone manuals, not just BB's, are so lacking.

You are right about that. They go into megadetail on some things and then nothing on others.Go figure.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@guandalf wrote:

@irish Rose wrote:

I haven't found a phone yet that I could actually get some decent explanations. It seems as though, every year that goes by, the manuals become smaller, and smaller. 

Scholar

• 

236 Messages

15 years ago

@irish Rose wrote:

@guandalf wrote:

@irish Rose wrote:

I haven't found a phone yet that I could actually get some decent explanations. It seems as though, every year that goes by, the manuals become smaller, and smaller. 

I so have to say thought that the online tutorials for my blackberrry were quite good. I learned a lot. But then again, as I recall (my recaller ain't so hot, LOL) things like how to adjust how you want to be notified about sms, email, phone etc. was hardly dealt with and probably one of the best functional features of both my bb 8310 (had to return unfortunately due to bad gps) and my 8900.  Shoot, I managed to get my regular email set on my phone. Had it taken off because it woke me up a 5 AM in the morning when I got my first weather email. Didn't realize I could shut off notifications. Once I figured all that out, pretty much on my own, I had it put back on. I just wonder who decides what we should be told and what we should figure out for ourselves.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.