Troubleshoot your device issues
Chromeram's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Friday, September 1st, 2017 5:03 AM

Aug 2017 Android Security Patch for Priv

I received the notification for the Aug Security Patch update but when I go to install it, it fails after the first reboot. I get the robot laying down with a red triangle and exclamation point and Error underneath. Then the phone reboots and the patch is not installed. I've tried multiple times and also attempted in safe mode with no luck. It's pretty sad that the July 2017 Security patch was skipped and then AT&T can't even get this one out right almost 1 month late.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem here. Phone seemed to complete the update on third try, but still shows it's on the June update, build AAL747. AT&T support says the August version is available, but following the normal steps to check for updates returns the "Your phone is up to date" message. Not a memory issue, I have plenty free. Have also tried several 32-second restarts. Many on Crackberry report same issue.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

After posting above, I tried another long-press restart and checked again for the update. As before, it said an update was available. Ran the updater. Again all seemed well until I got the dead robot. Phone self-rebooted after a couple minutes and says it is still on Build AAL747 (June release). August version must be buggy?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, I did that too. Problem was it seemed to reset my phone. I ended up having to reconfigure my home screen, ringtones (which still cannot be customized per contact), and some app settings. Really annoying.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

Lots of reports of this over at CrackBerry too.  I don't think anyone has been able to install the update on a Priv.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

One suggestion at Crackberry has been to use the check-in function. Two reports of success noted there. Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Meanwhile, BlackBerry has released the September update. Yet here most of us sit, still stuck on June 5. I really don't care about new bells and whistles. But we deserve reasonably prompt security updates. Hey, there, AT&T... is anyone paying attention???

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Spent nearly an hour on the phone with AT&T Support last night. He seemed sincere about trying to help, but the result was exactly the same. Even after a factory reset, I'm still stuck on the June 5 security patch (AAL747). I certainly hope (a) I'm not missing any critical security improvements without the absent July, Aug., & now Sept. patches, and (b) my old AAL747 version will allow the next patch to load... assuming AT&T even bothers. Or do they hope we'll all just abandon our Privs after less than 2 years?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Just shy of another week with NOTHING from AT&T to resolve this security issue.  Meanwhile, BlackBerry has released the September update, reportedly including a patch for the Bluetooth vulnerability.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T really needs to get it together here.  They are ruining the selling point of this phone.  Blackberry markets it as the worlds most secure Android phone, but without updates, it's just an outdated Android phone.  If they are having a hard time with security updates, how long do you think it's going to take them to push out the Oreo update when that gets released.  I'm pretty sure most of us would volunteer to be beta testers if it would help them release their software to the masses faster.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Finally got the August update today. Now let's hope AT&T pushes out the September update that BlackBerry released over 3 weeks ago, since that one reportedly addresses the major Bluetooth vulnerability.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.