For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
RickH26757's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 9:49 PM

Android Apps with Blackberry Update 10.3.3.1463

Does anybody know what happens with side loaded Android apps with Blackberry Update 10.3.3.1463?  I had to side load WhatsApp to keep in contact with my family living overseas.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

Android apps haven't needed to be "sideloaded" since 10.2.1 allowed direct installation of android APK files from device (or SD card) memory.

If you're asking about what happens to any apps you have loaded if you update your phone?

Nothing.

Not if you do an over-the-air update.  That simply updates the OS leaving everything else alone.  Settings will be fine, accounts will be there, apps are still there, everything.

Despite what that Reddit thread says, I have this OS on my Z10, and it works fine.

If you decide to do a "Factory Reset" in Link, that will reset your phone with a fresh OS installation and all of your custom settings, accounts, photos and documents (if they were on device memory), added apps (BB10 and Android) will be gone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, good to know - I will give this a try AFTER my son returns from living in Italy next month... I can't afford to mess up our communications during this transition for him and his family.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

7 years ago

If you do have any problems, you can ask here again and we'll figure it out.

I do suggest that if you do have BlackBerry Link on a PC, do a full backup before updating - just in case.

Might be worth it to check out the CrackBerry forums too.  Even the official BlackBerry Support site now forwards everyone over to CrackBerry.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So I installed BB OS 10.3.3.2205 as pushed by AT&T.  BIG MISTAKE.  The OS has major issues http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000039185&language=en_US > and if the problems persist BB's solution is to wipe your device and start over.  No ability to rollback the OS update.  Really? In this day and age you would think BB would be prepared to avoid anything that could give their public image another black-eye.  The OS update is so bad (how bad is it...) that BB tech support says they are no longer recommending the installation of this OS and have officially changed their recommended OS back to OS 10.3.2   Big booo for AT&T and Blackberry.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.