Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Deleting App World Apps

Tutor

Deleting App World Apps

So heeeere's the deal: I recently downloaded a couple of apps from Blackberry App world. I didn't find them very useful, so i deleted them, however the applications are still showing on the phone with a green arrow and stating they are "archived". This is driving me nuts!! Are these apps here permenantly? How can they be removed?? Its on a BES if that makes any difference. Blackberry Bold by the way. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: Deleting App World Apps

The green arrow you refer to indicates that the application has been archived on the device (for ease of re-installation if you decide that you need the application).  In order to completely remove the application you will need to perform the following steps: 

*    From the Home screen (or Downloads folder), locate the archived application
*    Highlight the application and click the Menu key
*    Then select Delete.

Your Blackberry will reset.  Once your device boots back up, the application should be completely deleted.

You can also permanently delete the application from your device via App World directly by completing the following steps:

*    Open App World
*    Select the "My World" Icon
*    Highlight the desired application
*    Press the Menu key
*    Then select delete.

Your device will reboot.  Once your device has rebooted, the application should no longer be present.

You can find more information at the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center on how to install/uninstall App World applications and archiving applications:
*    BlackBerry App World memory management

*    Overview of archiving applications in BlackBerry App World

If you are still having issues or you have any other questions please feel free to contact our online business support team at www.att.com/biztech. Select your device type and look for the "Chat Now" link on the following page.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Traveling abroad? Everything AT&T Business customers need to know about International travel and plans is right here. Click Here for the details.

Additional Support