Explore & discover

Helpful Links

eBay and AT&T bundle deal

Contributor

eBay and AT&T bundle deal

I’ve been offered if I pay 3 months of phone in advance they will cut my phone bill in 1/2 got 24 months. I had to put the amount and an eBay card.  Call AT&T and give them the numbers.  Is anyone else getting this deal or am I being scammed ?

Message 1 of 6
Community Support

Re: eBay and AT&T bundle deal

AT&T will never ask you to pay with an eBay card, this does not sound like a legitimate promotion at all.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I got a similar offer.  I was to buy a $594.00 ebay card.  They call AT&T and provide billing with a provided authorization number and the ebay card numbers.  At which point my 594.00 is gone.  This was suppose to pay for my acct for the next 6 months.  I would then have my billing reduced for the next 18 months to 99.00.  This would be less than 1/2 current payment.   

Being unsure of the offer I tried to verify the offer by talking to ATT via phone numbers provided on ATT website.  Talked to 2 different people and one of them said he had had other calls and his supervisor never heard of the program.   

I AM PASSING ON THIS.  IT DOES NOT PASS THE SMELL TEST HERE.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Had the same thing happen today.  I knew it was a scam.  What I want to know is how did they have my name, number, address and account number???  Trying to make them seem legitimate.   An eBay gift card???   That's a big ole red flag!!  I sure hope people don't fall for this.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

This is what they text messaged me

"Dear MADAM/SIR, Your bill Is dropping down to $59.99/mo for the next two years with free upgrades of unlimited data, free texting worldwide. In order to avail this offer you need to prepay your account for first 5 months that will be about $300.which you need to pay to the combine billing and promotions depart of AT&T and DTV.Your promo code is M8870. For Further Details. Contact Us 1800-587-4683"

Message 5 of 6
Community Support

@TJohns6211 Hello. This was posted in the AT&T Digital Life forum.... I will be sending this over to the wireless and DirecTV forum folks... thank you for sharing.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support