Need help understanding your bill?
Khazems's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 5th, 2018 4:12 PM

Closed

eBay and AT&T bundle deal

I’ve been offered if I pay 3 months of phone in advance they will cut my phone bill in 1/2 got 24 months. I had to put the amount and an eBay card.  Call AT&T and give them the numbers.  Is anyone else getting this deal or am I being scammed ?

Accepted Solution

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

AT&T will never ask you to pay with an eBay card, this does not sound like a legitimate promotion at all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I got a similar offer.  I was to buy a $594.00 ebay card.  They call AT&T and provide billing with a provided authorization number and the ebay card numbers.  At which point my 594.00 is gone.  This was suppose to pay for my acct for the next 6 months.  I would then have my billing reduced for the next 18 months to 99.00.  This would be less than 1/2 current payment.   

Being unsure of the offer I tried to verify the offer by talking to ATT via phone numbers provided on ATT website.  Talked to 2 different people and one of them said he had had other calls and his supervisor never heard of the program.   

I AM PASSING ON THIS.  IT DOES NOT PASS THE SMELL TEST HERE.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Had the same thing happen today.  I knew it was a scam.  What I want to know is how did they have my name, number, address and account number???  Trying to make them seem legitimate.   An eBay gift card???   That's a big ole red flag!!  I sure hope people don't fall for this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is what they text messaged me

"Dear MADAM/SIR, Your bill Is dropping down to $59.99/mo for the next two years with free upgrades of unlimited data, free texting worldwide. In order to avail this offer you need to prepay your account for first 5 months that will be about $300.which you need to pay to the combine billing and promotions depart of AT&T and DTV.Your promo code is M8870. For Further Details. Contact Us 1800-587-4683"

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

@TJohns6211 Hello. This was posted in the AT&T Digital Life forum.... I will be sending this over to the wireless and DirecTV forum folks... thank you for sharing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This just happened to me too...twice in last 2 weeks  !! I just got ATT/Direct TV bundle and some guy from the other side of the world has been calling me with same plan?? Switches me to a supervisor that I can't understand either..they sound like they are from India..Think "Slumdog Millionaire " voice ...Buy 300$ worth of Ebay card and call ATT "billing " # they provide with promo code and my bill is reduced for 2 yrs in half ?? What in the world is going on ATT?? They have all my info, street address etc ??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I received a text to call 888 340 0315 with an offer for a 50% discount rate on my Direct TV bill.  The offer was $72 per month for 24 months.  I would need to buy Ebay cards for the first 6 months and pay them in advance.  Payment office number for these guy is 877 261 4690 in CA.

Of course I am not send them any money, however what is concerning is they had my address on file and know how much I currently pay for service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, They just called me in Raleigh 4-4-2019. They had a wealth of information on and about me and my account,

Makes me wonder if AT&T or Directv has been hacked and they are not saying anything about a data breach???

Community Support

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

@NCdave99   Hello. I would highly suggest posting this in the DirecTV forum so that they can validate if this is legit or not. This is the Digital Life forum and unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to assist you with this. I can assure you that if there was any kind of data breach, we would inform our customers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

And that should not be information that should be public.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.