For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jk9714's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 6:41 PM

Retiree discount or consessions for Directv

Hello , does anyone know if AT&T retirees are able to obtain consessions or discounts on Directv services ?  Thanks Jack 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same question...anyone have an answer?  AT&T employees were told they'd get the full Directv service, including premium services, sports, NFL bundle, for $10 monthly.

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

And DirecTV employees were told that they would get a big discount if switching to AT&T wireless. It depends on the site you are located at among other factors. Have you asked anyone around your site to see if they know?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

As a Att retiree do I get a DTV discount.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

8 years ago

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

How did you manage to accomplish that?

Thanks, Bill

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

retireemary, How in the world did you accomplish that??

Thanks, Bill

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

litzdog911....Re : https://www.att.com/dep/login.... The only options I see on that site are for Wireless and UVERSE, no mention what so ever regarding DirecTV. I've looked at that site since it opened and have never seen anything different.

Bill

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Litzdog911,

The link you keep attaching to the thread of retiree discounts for DTV is only for Uverse and wireless AT&T services. There is no mention of the DTV discounting we were made aware of in 2015 after the Direct TV merger. So I'm guessing we are not elegible for a discount at this time.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

8 years ago

I spoke to a representive at the AT&T discount service center a few days ago about a different issue.  I asked about the retiree discount for DTV and was told there should be an announcement in the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Looks like they're squeezing as much out of the retirees as possible!! I already have Directv, and have had it for over 16 years! (I even paid over $900.00 to BUY my own equipment and then paid another $200.00 to have it all installed!!). They have been keeping us in limbo about it for well over a year now. In my case, since I ALREADY have Directv, it would only take a simple "change" order to do this (a 15 minute task at most...I used to do it!). Or maybe att is stretching it out until the end of another year so they can offset any new "discount" they give us by another big increase in our retiree medical costs!! so much for the old days of being the "Telco family"!! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.