Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't Pay Bill on the Website or the App

Contributor

Can't Pay Bill on the Website or the App

I have used Digital Life services for almost three years now and have always paid my bill either online or through the phone app.  Starting in June 2016, I was getting an “error” message when I would hit the submit button on both the website and the app.  This happened for several days on end, no matter what time of day I tried.  I ended up having to call your service number, which took over 30 minutes to finally talk to someone, only for them to tell me that if I mailed in my payment, it would be late and I would be charged a $5 late fee or that I could make my payment over the phone, but there was also a $5 charge for that.  I found this ridiculous seeing as the reason I wasn’t able to pay my bill on time as I have every single month for the past 3 years is because neither YOUR site nor YOUR app was working properly!  I did eventually have someone waive the $5 fee for me and I made my payment over the phone.

Now July is here and I once again tried to make my payment on both the website and the app and, once again, I’m receiving an “error” message when I try to submit my payment.

I have requested paper statements from here on out via my online account (which I can access just fine), but for this month, I want you to be aware of the problem and I would like this to be rectified.  I spent another 15 minutes on hold today when I tried to notify you of the problem via a telephone call before I finally just hung up and decided to mail in my payment, even though I don’t have a coupon because I receive electronic statements.

What is the point of having the website or the app if I can’t submit my payment on either one?   Will this affect my safety if an emergency arises and I have to use the app to notify you to send help?

I have loved my services through AT&T up until the past two months, but not being able to pay your bill is a major problem.  I recently had to switch my cable/internet services from AT&T Uverse to Xfinity for the same type of unreasonable customer service.  I would appreciate some type of resolution to the online/app billing problem or else I will have to switch to Comcast/Xfinity for my alarm services as well

Message 1 of 14
Community Support

Re: Can't Pay Bill on the Website or the App

Hello @siza418

Are you still having issues paying your bill via the Digital Life app?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14
Tutor

I feel your frustration. I too have had to call in a payment for what feels like ages now, going theough all of the explaining only after you get a rep that can c ommunicate in english in a way that can be understood and not simply read off of some step by step direction...(...if they answer 'this' say'that") or so it seems. Now when I call in I tell them right off that once again they can waive the 5 dollars due to it being their fault that their site is still down. I've got to say that I am left wondering if a scam is going on here, I mean untold numbers of people having to pay 5 bucks a pop would certainly add up. I used to be in the web industry, It simply doesn't take any time at all to fix a website, especially when you own most everything associated with it. Very disappointing.

Message 3 of 14

I too have had this issue for over six months.  During that time I was able to make the payment via the App but that stopped working this month.  Same as above, recieve an error message after submitting the payment. Help!

Message 4 of 14
Contributor

Well said!!!  Agree!!!

Message 5 of 14
Community Support

If you are having issues paying through the app we will not bill a $5 fee.  Also, if the app payment method is not working, visit the site below using a computer, tablet, or web browser.  It will work. 

https://my-digitallife.att.com

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 14
Contributor

This does not work either. I am consistently late paying this bill because every time I get on the app or the website I am unable to pay my bill online. The page never loads. I pay all of my bills on line so this is very frustrating.  

Message 7 of 14
Employee

I can not pay mine on chrome but IE lets me but I hate IE

Message 8 of 14
Contributor

I have been signed up for auto payments for a long long time. At least 2-3 years now. My payment has always gone through just fine. Today I received a text message that they were unable to process my payment and I would need to call. I know nothing has changed with my payment method so I can’t possibly understand why they wouldn’t be able to process my payment. Sorry but I don’t have time to sit on hold for an hour. I logged into my app on my phone and tried to pay by reentering my bank info. Got an error that there is a temporary issue and can’t process a payment and to try again later. Ugh. Now my payment is probably going to be past due and I’m probably going to get a late fee and the only way I would be able to get it removed is if I called. This is the 3rd upsetting problem I’ve had with AT&T in recent months. I might be switching carriers soon. Very unhappy. 

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

Same here... I've had off-and-on problems with payments through the online portal.  Right now, "on" applies: I can't pay.  I can log into my Digital Life account but when I click Billing, I get a blank page on a Mac and an "error 404" page on a PC.  It's been that way for a long time (last month I finally gave up and sent a check and was charged a $6 late fee!).  I'm now writing another stupid check to avoid getting another stupid fee.  C'mon AT&T, let's fix the site, for Pete's sake.

Message 10 of 14
Community Support

@hwoodlive  Hello. My apologies that you are having some issues with paying us. I am going to send you a private message to assist in resolving this for you.

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

I have been having the same issue for years. one out of 100 times it works. Why would you make it so hard to pay a bill??? this is why I owe for two months.. it never goes through.

Message 12 of 14
Contributor

Yup.  Just happened again, so now I'll get the annoying automated "you've not paid your bill" voicemails.  REALLY tired of paying the late charges too, when it's not my fault.  GRR.

Message 13 of 14
Community Support

@ruthlessog @hwoodlive  Hello. My apologies that you are having issues with this. Would you be able to let me know what error message or possibly a screen shot of the issue that you are receiving when attempting to pay your bill? This would help me get it to the correct folks to have this looked into and resolved. Thank you

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support