Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Being charged 299 for no reason

Contributor

Being charged 299 for no reason

12/6/2018

Spoke with  , a collections supervisor (his ID # [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]) after looking at everything regarding the Genie swap issues he agreed and removed the $299 and removed the two late fees $20.79 and at that time we then had a zero balance. He said the $299 removal had to be sent to a higher level at the financial Dept to be removed from the account, and should have been removed by 12/11/18.

$300 + $50 reward cards

Ordered 9/3/18
Installed 9/6/18

Ordered regular genie DVR
Had none, got a Genie 2 which has issues

Rewards
Reward notification email 9/10/18 5:32pm
Only authorized for $100 for directv, not sure for internet. called 800-288-9983 15 min call
Have to wait 14days after install for all the various promos to show up

9/15
Tried using the directv app for voice control as suggested by the att YouTube tutorial. This shut down the entire directv system in the house. After a 1.75 hour call to att, and transferred 5 times(I can’t help, your account is rc1, I’ll transfer to directv side, I’ll transfer to tech help, the genie2 doesn’t support this app feature) finally got a supervisor to help setup service call to exchange genie2 for the regular genie hd that was originally ordered, setup for service/exchange on 9/17 8a to 12p

http://www.headquartersinfo.com/att-headquarters-information/

Cancelled premium Channels 12/8/18
Allen. Conf #

Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: Being charged 299 for no reason

@Irenetown - Hello, I am sorry to hear about your issue, but this is a Digital Life home security forum.  I think you will have better luck getting an answer if you post in the DTV forum.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support