Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Anyone else get the "run around" to cancel?

Contributor

Anyone else get the "run around" to cancel?

First of all, we loved the service when we had it. However we had to move, and that's when we had to deal with the awful customer service department. Getting through to someone takes a minimum of 10-15 minutes (on a good day) of being on hold before you get to an actual agent. Most of the time, they end up transferring you and you have to explain situation multiple times. We were told one thing and then got email and letters stating others. It took almost two months to resolve our issue. (And by resolve I mean me giving up because I'm sick of dealing with them.) I will not ever go through them for another security system in the future and will let everyone I know not to neither. They are a headache to deal with and the "customer service" does not "serve" their customers in any way shape or form. I'm curious who else has had to deal with this and their condescending customer representatives? We've been with AT&T for awhile, and if this is what it is coming to, I'm considering switching all of our cell phone and iPads to another user. (Someone who understands the customers issues and resolves them efficiently.)

Message 1 of 23
Contributor

Re: Anyone else get the "run around" to cancel?

We’ve been loyal AT&T costumers for over 20 years. We had digital life for 2 years and loved it! We moved and the new homeowner wanted to take over the account. The technician that went out to the house told her that the 3G hasn’t worked on the digital life since Hurricane Harvey in August of 2017. We had WiFi so we never noticed but if the WiFi had gone out we would have been screwed if something happened. Digital Life never informed us and now they are sending me a bill for $146. They are refusing to help even though their noted show the 3G didn’t work and they also show that I canceled two months ago. I need someone to help with getting this charge dropped. 

Message 16 of 23
Community Support

@snyderfam - Hello, I am sorry to hear about your issue.  I am certain something was lost in translation as it relates to 3G coverage for your system, and I am happy to take a look at the charges you are disputing.  Please click my name and select 'Send PM' to send a private message with your name, account number, email, and phone number.  Thanks!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 23
Contributor

Where is your name?

Message 18 of 23
Community Support

@snyderfam  Hello. I recevied your private message and have responded. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 23
Contributor

Jalisa ***

email:  ***

I received a letter from AT&T Mobility, about an outstanding bill for $368.37.  First of all, I would like to say I do not have mobility service with AT&T, now or never.  

I had Direct TV service with AT&T, and I paid the last bill and returned the required products and I have the receipts to prove it.  

I had AT&T Digital Security service with AT&T, in which I paid the last amount that was owed for $91.48 on February 13, 2019.

This past year due to unforeseen financial hardship, my AT&T Digital Security account was past due.  My family and I suffered 2 deaths within a week of each other, in July, 2018.  Unfortunately we had to assist with funeral arrangements and other costs, for my mother's sister and brother, who both had a massive heart attack, and did not have any insurance.  

Also, we had to move from the rental property we were living in, due to the landlord wanted to sell the property to a relative.  (***, Sauk Village, IL.  60411).  We had to move out by February, 2019.  My AT&T Digital Life service was terminated by AT&T due to non-payment, in January, 2019. I did not cancel my service at no time.  I did however, had every intentions of transferring my service to our new residence, but was told by an AT&T Representative that my service had been cancelled.  During this process, I did pay the outstanding past due balance of $91.48 that was owed to AT&T Digital Life Security, to bring my account up to date.   

I am in awe that AT&T is trying to make me pay for "AT&T Mobility" service that I don't have.  

I work part-time and have not other financial resources.  I paid my bills consistently for my Direct TV, and AT&T Digital services, until I got behind with my Digital Services as I explained above.  

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 20 of 23
Community Support

@Henri5740  Hello.  If you would please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name, address and phone number, I can take a look at your Digital Life account to see if there are any outstanding charges on the account and what they are for.  Thank you.

Message 21 of 23
Contributor

Henrietta ***** *****

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Message 22 of 23
Community Support

@Henri5740  Hello. Your posts are being edited for customer privacy as you are posting your personal information in a public forum. Please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your information. Thank you

Message 23 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support