Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Golden Globes Winners

Mentor

Golden Globes Winners

The Golden Globes were awarded last night -- and I gotta admit, there were a lot of surprises as far as the winners go.

Any reactions on the results?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7

Re: Golden Globes Winners

I don't think I've ever heard of 'The Kominsky Method' - that was definitely a surprise.

Message 2 of 7
Mentor

I was expecting "The Good Place" would win given all the hype surrounding its nomination.

Personally I was very, very happy that Bohemian Rhapsody actually won, and that Rami Malek won as Best Actor. I loved the film and I actually watched it multiple times in the theaters. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 7

I mentioned elsewhere, based on all I’ve read and what little I’ve seen, I’m SHOCKED that Green Book won all the awards that it won. 

Message 4 of 7

@JaeDee, I love The Good Place and would have been thrilled to see it win.

I was also surprised Homecoming didn't win. In addition to it being (imo) excellent, it also seemed to have more hype around it than that Versace miniseries.

I hadn't seen Bohemian Rhapsody, but I've really enjoyed Rami Malek for quite a while and was pulling for him to win.

Message 5 of 7
Mentor

The Gianni Versace story was also a surprise for me, although I generally liked it (and I also like Darren Criss lol).

@LilSebastian you have to watch Bohemian Rhapsody somehow, especially if you're a Queen fan or simply enjoy that kind of music in general. Rami did a very, very wonderful job of bringing Freddie Mercury to life on the big screen.

Message 6 of 7

I will, @JaeDee. I’m not the biggest Queen fan but I am very curious about Rami’s performance. Freddie seems to be so far away from the type of performances I’ve seen from him, so far. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support