Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is sound available for cameras

Scholar

Is sound available for cameras

Does AT&T Digital Life now offer cameras that record sound?  

I updated my app to the recently released iOS update and now when you review archived photos/videos, a speaker icon is displayed in the upper right hand corner (see attached screenshot below).  Notably, when reviewing archived photos/videos via the online web portal, this speaker icon is not present.  

Was the app software developer overzealous with the software design; adding features that AT&T's existing camera product line will not support?

Image-1-4.jpg

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 5
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by j.holmes
‎05-23-2018 2:47 PM

Re: Is sound available for cameras

Hello @j.holmes. Unfortunately audio via our cameras is currently not supported. We're always working on new enhancements for the future. In doing so there are times where it is required to enable backend functionality before the features are available to you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 5
Scholar

Thanks for sharing!  As a software developer, I completely understand. It is encouraging to learn that AT&T is making investments and enhancing the Digital Life platform. This info. coupled with the recent rollout of the new iOS update gives me hope.  Notably, I spent A LOT of money having my system installed and I was worried that AT&T had stoped investing in the product as it is speculated that Digital Life is being shopped around.  

On a side note, although enhancements are being made on the backend - its probably a good idea to hide UI features such as the sound icon.  Otherwise, people like myself pick  up on these things and run with it.  

Lastly, kuddos to your team.  Sadly, investments are needed within your contact center.  The answers that you receive when calling customer service and sometimes chatting with an agent is oftentimes unbelievable.  

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Guru

Thesystem will never support audio... the cameras don’t have microphones.

They are using a cheaper library of video functions in the latest app, and they haven’t figured out how to suppress the ‘speaker’ icon that defaults to visible.

They also haven’t suppressed the shadow box in the lower right, where the ‘full screen’ icon displays when applicable.

2 new bugs, no real new functionality....

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Community Manager

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!

This topic is now locked. To discuss a new topic, please use the "Ask A Question" button above.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support