Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital life notifications on iphone

Digital life notifications on iphone

Since buying an iPhone X and installing the Digital Life app I don't get audible or visual  notifications when the alarm is set or disarmed. Is this a known issue with IOS 11.2?

Message 1 of 28
Employee

Re: Digital life notifications on iphone

This issue just started with me a few days ago, I have an iPhone X and a iPhone 7 plus. the notifications either don't come and or very sporadic. I've updated all my custom programs and still no consistency. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 28
Community Support

@Bl8kStr Hello. Have you enabled push notifications in the DL app?

Under Menu, Tap System Settings, Slide over to Notifications, Check the box for "Enable Notifications" and then you can choose which notifications you would like to receive or not receive.

Also, have you double checked that the little check box next to "Enable Notifications" is checked and then set the sliders to determine which notifications you would like? Just want to ensure as most folks miss the little check box.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 28
Contributor

Hi, 

so I seem to be having this issue with my XS max. My 7plus was getting notifications no problem and continued to do so until I deleted that app from that phone to see if that was the problem. I’m finding when I go into the system settings and check that little box, it won’t stay ticked. I’ll check it, leave the app or click away in the app and come back and it’s unchecked again. It’s getting frustrating and I don’t know what to do because I rely on the notifications to know what’s going on at home with my system. 

Message 18 of 28
Community Support

@Amy2489 My apologies for the issue. Am thinking it has to do with the new model of phone that has launched. If you would

please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a message with your name , address, contact info and account number,  so that I can have this looked into , would be appreciated. Thank you

Message 19 of 28

I think this is a flaw in the iPhone app. Several people I know have same issue on with IOS/iPhone but not on Android phones.

Message 20 of 28
Community Support

@Tek2day4ever Hello. The issue was corrected in the app update that was released for iOS. We are looking into the issue that was stated on the XS but i am needing more information regarding it.

Message 21 of 28
Contributor

I am having the same issue on my iPhone XS Max. Notifications are enabled however they are not working. Please help. 

Message 22 of 28
Teacher

I posted a lengthy SOLVED thread on this, but ATT removed it because of my harsh tone about their incompetence.  

ATT cannot handle a new phone. I bet  you changed your phone.  

You need to:

- reinstall the app on your phone (not download from iCloud or iTunes backup)

- Go to all your programs where you will see your new phone appear as a notification destination

- you may see duplicative or even triplicate mention of your phone's name

- select the newest one to receive PUSH

- call ATT and ask to authorize your phone (not necessary usually per my experience).  you will text YES to a five digit number

- run program manually test.

Sorry for not writing in detail and with photos like I did last time.  ATT did not appreciate me showing all the various flaws (pictures showed them) in how the data is wrongly presented on their website.  

Of course, I figured out the solution myself.  Chat and phone reps were clueless and insisted there is no PUSH only SMS notification.    That was 3 hours this time, and about two hours the last two times i upgraded phones.

Message 23 of 28
Community Support

@carcar695  Hello. I received and responded to your private message.

Message 24 of 28
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎12-18-2018 5:52 AM

@carcar695  Am posting this in case anyone else needs the solution. If notifications are not working, uninstall the app and reinstall it,  then tick mark your notifications and check to ensure that they stayed....Glad to hear  you are up and running!

Tags (1)
Message 25 of 28
Tutor

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Have uninstalled and reinstalled app. Verified notification settings are set to receive digital life pushes, but still not receiving them. Any thoughts?

Message 26 of 28
Community Support

Have you verified that the programs you have set to run within the app are sending notifications to the device?

Message 27 of 28
Tutor

Thank you! It has mysteriously began sending notifications again today.
Message 28 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support