Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life

Tutor

Digital Life

Hi,

Does anyone experience problem receiving the text messeges-programs-alert.  I mean when you create a program to send you a text when the alarm is set to Away, Stay and so on so on...  When the front door is lock or unlock.   Since February of this year am not receiving any text messeges at all....  The FUN part is that Digital Life customer support HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT!!!!!!!  

So if the alarm goes off, someone open a window or a door on my house I will never know until I get home..  

Any suggestion?  

Thank in advance.

Message 1 of 15
Scholar

Re: Digital Life

I receive mine anytime my children unlock the doors or open their windows. I totally love this feature!!
Message 2 of 15
Tutor

I know. But mine for whatever unknown reason stop. Digital Life support have no idea why or how to fixed it. 😏😏
Message 3 of 15

I was receiving this problem as well but all of a sudden I ran a test on an alert program and I received a text message. Hopefully it sticks.

Try using the email address of:
PhoneNumber@txt.att.net

And

Try texting "yes" to 83536 and wait a few days

I haven't tried this but, I was going to.

Message 4 of 15
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by nikko229
‎03-20-2016 4:51 AM

Have you signed in and re-checked the program you created?

Have you tried deleting and re-creating the program?

The dialog will guide you through steps to create your notification program:

1. Choose the devices you would like to take action or or contacts you would like to notify when the program runs.
  2. Choose who will receive notification and how it will be sent. You can choose either email or text alert for up to 5 recipients.
    • Note: The owner of the cell phone receives a one-time opt in/out message when adding a new SMS. Customers will receive an error message if the cell phone number added is one that previously opted out. The user will be prompted to send STOP orYES to 83536.
  3. Name your program and determine when it will run (days and times).
  4. Click Save
  5. Other posts suggest this may be a known but that AT&T is working on.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 15
Tutor

It's working again on its own. I re-subscribe and deleted all the programs and it didn't work. But out of the blue started it working yesterday afternoon. I have created a few more programs/alerts and so far so good. Hopefully it will stay like that.

Thank everyone!!
Message 6 of 15
Tutor

I am having the SAME problem!  My programs stopped sending me notifications on March 8th.  I have called Customer serivce multiple times, tried every single one of thier trouble shooting steps each time and NOTHING works.  The problem has been excalated TWO times, still no resolution.  

I am beyond frustrated with this.  I honeslty want to cancel.  Tonight, I called again (my 7th call to AT&T Digital Life)  and I was on a conference call with Billing AND Technical support.  Billing hung up the line and Technical Support called me back.  She was very helpful, which is why I went through all the trouble shooting steps AGAIN, even though I know it wasn't going to work. 

I'm pulling out my hair. I don't know how to fix it.  And the notifications were the whole reason that I purchased this product.  And now the feature is unusable.   

Message 7 of 15
Tutor

Same here  I understand you!!!!  Went thru the same with cutomer service/support and NOTHING....  if is not on the monitor "script"  in front of them they have no idea what to do or say.......   I'm still waiting for Tier II's call.  Having this problem since last month.   

But since last weekend I'm getting the alerts again....but still waiting for that call....  

Don't know if you do this already but text yes to 83536.  Jig069 posted some useful troubleshoot you can try, it may work.  Again don't know if the customer rep went thru this already.  

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

I replied Yes to the text message verifying my email on Feb 13th of this year, as of today the system still says verifying email.  Have not recieved one test message but have been called when alarm goes off and the police are on the way.  Today send the text YES again and checked the system online and still not working.  They say wait 48 hrs arghhhh

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

still can not connect my second phone and I am sick of it

Message 10 of 15
Tutor

Hi,

I strongly believe they have no idea what is the problem or how to fix it...   Very frustrating!!!!!!! you're paying for a service you're not getting...  Called today to ask for my credit for not getting the text messages and take a wild guess.......  BINGO!!!  there is no note on the system indicating I spoke or called on several occasions informing of the problem and asking for a refund

But it's on me,  for not writing down the names and dates of the Cust Rep I spoke with.

Very disappoint it with AT&T

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

The people were nice I did write down and asked for a supervisor to complain but was told to use this forum. I said how would that help document the issue and they said oh they fix things all the time

We will see
Message 12 of 15
Tutor

That's how I ended up here too!! lol  Nothing has been fixed, however.  I still don't receive text messages. it's still not fixed.  At&t is still doing absolutely nothing to fix it. 

I've already canceled my userse and my family plan for my cell phone services... digital life is all I have left and they don't seem interested in keeping me as a customer there either.   

Message 13 of 15
ACE - Guru

Here's what folks tend not to realize... This is a USER forum... ATT is under no obligation to read or help out here... It's the strangest support model ever. Tech support refers users to a User Forum to find solutions. In no other company but ATT would this fly...
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 15
Tutor

I have the SAME problem.  I quite getting texts on August 9, 2016.  No one knows how to fix it, I've tried all troubleshooting over and over again.  I'm so frustrated!!!!

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support