Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life Push notification not working after update

Highlighted
Employee

Digital Life Push notification not working after update

before the latest update of the Digital Life App, I would receive the sounds from SMS and PUSH notifications on my phone which was great because I would set what I deem as Critical Alerts to one type of sound and General alerts to anther type of sound.

Now I still receive sound from my SMS alerts but I only get a message window with no sound for push messages. I also appears the ability to set new push alerts has been removed from the APP and Web portal as well.

And to confirm there was nothing wrong on my phone I tested other Push notifications from other apps and they work fine.

I have a Galaxy S7  model number SM-G930A

I have the latest Digital Life App dated Aug 28th 2018

Please help

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 15
Contributor

Re: Digital Life Push notification not working after update

After I did the update I haven't been able to get my alerts either. I get messages that the app has stopped working. I think it worked once since the update.

Message 2 of 15
Community Support

@IamBatman  Hello. Thank you for the information. We are currently looking into this issue as it seems to only be happening with Samsung devices.....

@bozeman1  Hello. Could you please tell me what device and OS version you are using? thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 15
Contributor

Same issue for me. After upgrade my camera notifications are not coming thru when motion should be detected. 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy 8 Note

I've already tried the following and still not working. 

- restart

- deleted program and created another 

- updated on my PC as well

Message 4 of 15
Community Support

@Stanley909  Hello. Thank you for the information. We are currently looking into this issue as it seems to only be happening with Samsung devices...would you mind trying going into the app, unchecking the "enable notifications" logging out of app... logging back into app and checking "enable notifications"  and let me know if that corrects the issue? Thank you

Message 5 of 15
Employee

I tried it and I still do not get the Push Messages sound. I get the message window but not the sound. Again I made sure my sound for other applications that has to do with PUSH notifications are working. So I only get the messages window but not the associated sound notification.

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 6 of 15
Contributor

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Message 7 of 15
Community Support

@bozeman1 @IamBatman @Stanley909  Hello. Thank you all for the information as it helps us be able to find the cause and solve for it. Our internal team is working on this to get resolved. At this time, I cannot give you a date it will be fixed, but as soon as I hear something I will circle back with you.

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

I Fixed Pushed Notification Problem for Samsung Phones. Do the following on the actual phone; not the digital life app

1. Go to settings

2. Select apps

3. Go to the right hand corner and click the 3 dots

4. Click special access

5. Click notification access

6. Slide the marker over on the digital life app

Message 9 of 15
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎10-02-2018 12:29 PM

@Shauna8247 @IamBatman @bozeman1 @Stanley909  Hello. The issue was resolved yesterday. However, it does require for you to delete the current version of the app and reinstall from the play store as the app was updated yesterday... This is for all Android devices. The fix that Shauna mentions above is not a permanent fix and not for all devices.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 15
Employee

I am now working as normal,  I uninstalled and the installed the App.  tested with several devices I have set for push notifications and I am functioning as normal.

thank you for your assistance. Very much appreciate it.

Message 11 of 15
Community Support

@IamBatman  Am very happy to hear that you are up and running again!! Have a great rest of your day!

Message 12 of 15
Contributor

I have an iPhone 7 and I am also not receiving notifications. I do have it checked on my settings in both DL and the phone. I was on vacation yesterday and not checking my voicemail messages as it was loud . I later checked a message that said my alarm was going off. By the time I checked my vm, the alarm had been going off for three hours and the police showed up as evidenced by the video. I’m sure I’m extremely popular with both my cats and my neighbors now. Can you please help me

find a fix so that this won’t happen again?

Message 13 of 15
Community Support

@Uvajammin  Hello. If you are not receiving the notifications, please delete the app and reinstall it, ensure notifications are checked  and that should resolve the notifications issue. For the alarm going off, do you have anyone else listed on  your contacts list that if we cannot reach you we reach out to another person? This would alleviate the alarm sounding for that long.

Message 14 of 15
Tutor

Any updates on the issue with push notifications not showing on iPhones?  I have an iPhone 6 Plus. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. All settings are green for notifications, but I am still not receiving them.  

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support