Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life Camera Program

Digital Life Camera Program

I'm trying to create a Digitial Life program that would activate motion-controlled recording when the system is in Away mode, but the only option I have is to either turn this on or off.  I don't need to record my family walking around the house when in Stay mode or Disabled mode! 

If I want to suggest this ability be added, how do I contact ATT?  There isn't any feedback/suggest mechanism other than chat. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Message 1 of 26
Community Support

Re: Digital Life Camera Program

Hello @unhappy1988

We are listening! Digital Life is constantly looking for ways to improve the user experience. Your suggestion is one that is already being worked on by our development team.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 26
Tutor

I am confused. I have not sent any such comment. I am fairly happy with my ATT DIGITAL, and certainly have no problem like this e mail proposes. Pretty sure it is basically in correct, given what I know of the system.

Having said this, not sure what is going on.
Message 17 of 26
Employee

Seams like a lot of people would like this feature since it has been brought up, time and time again, for close to two years. If not longer.  Why does this post show a solution, when it clearly doesn't solve the issue.  Yes, it states you can't do it in so many words.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 26
Contributor

u answered your own question when in away mode if u have a program to record when detecting motion thats what will happen. when u are home in stay, instant, or disabled mode u just go to ur program(s) and put what camera u do not want to record on pause and it will not record when u leave and arm system in away u reactivate program.

Message 19 of 26
Tutor

Yep understand your solution, except it ain't that easy. I use away mode 2 or 3 times a day interspersed by disabled. Use stay mode at night. So pausing and/or enabling all these programs, I have 3 cameras, and at least two programs per camera to record video (day & night) and switch on/off light (night time only), is really tedious. For example, I have to search my list of 30+ programs to find these 12 programs twice, every time I leave and then return, to enable or pause the program . Since I cannot order the list (although I use to be able to before they upgraded the app), and since the app seems to randomly order the programs, this approach is very tedious to say the least.

Besides there is a more useful reason to use this pausing technique. When I have visitors, especially those with kids, I need to disable not only the cameras but many of the door switches ( I have 7). Again I have to find these programs, pause them before visitors arrive, and find them again after the visitors leave to reset them.

There is a programming approach (not available in this app) called flags that I could use in a program to pause or enable the program based on the flag state, all this would simple (let the computer or clear a flag for this to work).
Message 20 of 26
Tutor

Have they don't this yet? That seems to be what you would want... if this then this, if that then that... etc... This way you seem to have to run each program as you do things? that's a little weird.

Message 21 of 26
Community Support

Creating a program based on the state of the system (Armed-Away) is now possible.

Message 22 of 26
Contributor

I'd like for it to record in the armed stay mode as well as armed away. This is for my front door outdoor camera. There doesn't seem to be a way to program this. Is this a default setting?
Message 23 of 26
Community Support

Hello @Linlinlinlin

Creating a program to record video when the system is armed stay or away can be done. When creating the program it's easiest done by selecting the Safety and Home Security program type. You will then see the option to create the following programs:

• Armed-Stay, Motion and Video
  • Armed-Away, Motion and Video
Message 24 of 26
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Can it only be set armed away or armed stay?
Right now I can't do both.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Linda Brodsky

--
Have a blessed day!
Linda
Message 25 of 26
Community Support

Hello @Linlinlinlin

You cannot create a single program to record video based on 2 system states. You will need to create a program for each.

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a $10 AT&T Visa® Reward Card* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support