Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life Camera Program

Highlighted

Digital Life Camera Program

I'm trying to create a Digitial Life program that would activate motion-controlled recording when the system is in Away mode, but the only option I have is to either turn this on or off.  I don't need to record my family walking around the house when in Stay mode or Disabled mode! 

If I want to suggest this ability be added, how do I contact ATT?  There isn't any feedback/suggest mechanism other than chat. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Message 1 of 26
Scholar

Re: Digital Life Camera Program

Chat or call them at 855.288.2727 option 4.  Post back the results!

Message 2 of 26
Mentor

Programs can be configured to run based on time of day/week but not based on the system status (armed, disarmed) This is a feature that I have been begging for since I had the system installed back in March since it would be very useful for the same reasons you mentioned.

FYI, you can send them a message suggesting the feature here:  https://my-digitallife.att.com/learn/feedback.html  

Message 3 of 26
Contributor

I recently got my system installed and the camera's programmed.  My video storage was quickly getting full with my family walking around in the house.  Having the option to turn off camera instead of just snapshot, or record video would be very useful for me.

Message 4 of 26
Community Support

Hello! @LeeWhite1234 
The Digital Life camera automatically records when an alarm is triggered and the camera detects motion. This enhanced feature is enabled by default. There is no need to set up a separate program for this.
Thank you for choosing AT&T Digital Life!
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 26
Contributor

Please read the issue a little more carefully. They are requesting a way be made to only record movement while the system in in away mode. Is there going to be system updates and revisions that will allow customer input to tweek this product into a better and better service?

Message 6 of 26
Adventurer

I'm assuming that my outside camera has motion detection. I would like it to record any motion it senses even when the system is not set to stay or away mode. Is this possible?

Message 7 of 26
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Hello  @DonSchwarz!

All Digital Life cameras are equipped to detect motion. You can create a program to record video when your camera detects motion by connecting activities. To do this follow the steps below.

1. Click Create a program
  2. Under connect activities, click Get Started
  3. Select the trigger activity
    When the Outdoor Camera does this Detect Motion
  4. Click Next
  5. Click Add another activity
  6. Select the resulting activity
    The
    Outdoor Camera will Record Video
  7. Click Next
  8. Name and Save your program
    Select which days and times you want it to run
  9. Click Save

@Dnmllr, We are continuing to update the system and are always interested in customer input! We will make sure this suggestion is passed along!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 26
Adventurer

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to make it work but cannot get it to detect motion. If I run the program the camera will record and send me a notification.

Sent via Don's iPhone
Message 9 of 26
Adventurer

I must have something wrong with my camera. I tried your suggestion but it still doesn't work. My daughters system works fine wih the same program. 

Message 10 of 26
Community Support

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the camera program.  Please click here to chat with one of our support managers to assist in resolving this issue for you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Digital Life!

Message 11 of 26
Mentor

@Dnmllr ,

Thanks for helping to clarify the issue.  It's dumbfounding that AT&T hasn't added the capability to create programs that will only run when the system is in a specific state (such as away mode). I'm sure part of their reluctance is to keep things simple, but that really dumbs down the functionality for those of us who want to get a bit more customized.  Perhaps creating an 'advanced user' option that would offer more customize options is a way to go.  I really wish there was a better, more direct, way to communicate with the folks who are engineering the improvements. I feel like many of the good suggestions are never heard by anyone who can do anything about it.  

Message 12 of 26
Tutor

Not sure you are correct about setting programs to run based on armed or disarmed.  There are option in the programming to execute a program when the Digital life syste is set to alarmed away or alarmed stay, and when the system transitions to disarmed.  Actually have sevral programs that use this feature quite nicely.

Message 13 of 26
Tutor

Two issues with this solution.  First the camera will automatically record video on motion detection, so don't really need a program (although you have to set up activity regions in the camera's field of view for the detectionis, which has a whole lot of limitations, and you have to set these regions up anyway to initiate a camera detection with this program.  Don't know how to stop the camera from doing these automatic recording other than to take the camera offline, which will probably disable this solution too).

Second, this routine will start recording camera video at the detection, but keep saving this data forever if you don't set up a stop recording action either by using a delay, or another program that stops it somehow.

Message 14 of 26
Contributor

Yet another horrible product by AT&T. The only thing I would like to do is record video when both of the following happens:

1). motion is detected in my set zones when

2). my system is set to "armed instant"

This scenario is when I am in my home, asleep with my family. 

Does AT&T not understand this? Why in the world would I want a video of myself entering my home after coming back from dinner and before I unlock my alarm?

Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Unwrap a $5 Starbucks® Card* Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support