Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life App Update not fitting on iPhone 7 screen

Tutor

Digital Life App Update not fitting on iPhone 7 screen

The 1/31/2019 Digital Life update does not fit on my iPhone 7 screen.  I arm the system using the app using AWAY and then I usually skip the COUNTDOWN.  This avoids the 60 seconds of beeping that disturbs the animals in the house.  The app update puts the option to SKIP COUNTDOWN below the bottom edge of the iPhone 7 screen.  There's no way to select it or scroll to it.  It has made this feature useless.  BTW ... I do not want to use STAY because the next person in doesn't use the app.  The app was very functional before the update.  

The app also moved the menu options to the bottom of the screen, and the letters are so crowded it has jumped up the words.  I tried making the font smaller on my phone but that didn't help.

Suggestions?  

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8
Community Support

Re: Digital Life App Update not fitting on iPhone 7 screen

@LH_LHP  Hello. My apologies for this issue. Have you tried using the "instant" option and it will arm it immediately with no beeping countdown... Also, could you please send me a screen shot of how your screen looks so i can get it over to our developers. Just click on my user name and then click send PM... Thank you!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

I prefer to not use the instant option because other family members do not use the app to disarm. I assume instant is like stay, which would not give the person coming in through a door without disarming in the app first, much time to disarm.   If instant and away work exactly the same way except for the delay on away ... then that might work, but I recall trying it before and they were not identical experiences when disarming from the keypad.  I will need to respond on my phone to send an image.  I will send a second message for the image.   

Message 3 of 8
Community Support

@LH_LHP  I think I know what is causing the issue. Would you please go into the settings on your phone, tap Display & Brightness, scroll to the bottom where it says "display zoom", and change that to standard? Let me know as that should clear up the issue. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Tutor

That appears to have solved it except that I prefer the larger font.  So in order to use DL app I have to have a tiny font everywhere.  The app was just fine before and now it is less useful. That’s very unfortunate.  

Message 5 of 8
Community Support

@LH_LHP  Ok... can you go back into display and brightness and tap on Text Size and increase the size to the max (while leaving Display zoom on standard)  and see if that resolves this for you?

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

12.1.4 doesn’t have display zoom in Display settings. Going forward would the developers consider looking at how updates affect different devices before pushing the updates?

Also, would you be able to resolve this?

Message 7 of 8
Community Support

@glomaz   Hello. We released an update in the app store yesterday that should correct this issue. Would you please go update your app and let me know if the issue is corrected?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support