Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life + Amazon Echo?

Tutor

Digital Life + Amazon Echo?

Can I interface my Amazon Echo with Digital Life to voice-control things like my garage door opener or my deadbolt?
Message 1 of 13
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ScrapSony
‎10-15-2017 8:43 PM

Re: Digital Life + Amazon Echo?

@ScrapSony Unfortunately, you cannot at this time.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 13

You do realize it’s a little rediculous that there is no integration between Alexa devices and digital Home life. And from my understanding, AT&T is trying to sell Digital Home Life, so unlikely to provide this service. 

Message 3 of 13
ACE - Guru

This is no longer correct... Alexa works fine w DL.... get the skill...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13

What’s the skill?

Message 5 of 13
ACE - Guru

Its how Alexa integrates with devices.... you install the skill.

the skill is called “ATT Digital Life”.....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 13
ACE - Guru

It appears the skill is no longer listed - I can only see it in “My Skills”.

Message 7 of 13

That’s why I was confused it’s not there. And even if it was there it wouldn’t matter, it’s only available to those with AT&T Internet or U-Verse customers, neither of which are available in Maryland. There is an article that talks about it posted Dec. 18, 2017 but is already obsolete since the skill has been removed from Alexa: https://ourlivingroom.att.com/articles/digital-life-alexa-enabled-devices-magic/

So this article is still relevant, Alexa is not compatible with DL, and those who have the skill not available for customers who do not have U-Verse or AT&T Internet. 

Tags (2)
Message 8 of 13
ACE - Guru

That’s too bad, as it works well, and is super convenient...

Message 9 of 13
Tutor

I found the Digital Life skill by searching for “AT&T” and scrolling down until I found “ATT Digital Life.” It’s still available, but I don’t know why searching for “Digital Life” doesn’t bring it up.
Message 10 of 13

Thanks, I finally found it too that way. But it doesn’t work searching for it. 

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

For anyone still having trouble finding it, try installing it through this webpage. I still couldn't find it in the Alexa app after searching "AT&T" but I found this and got it installed. https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Life-ATT/dp/B075TFD7RN

Message 12 of 13
Employee

I searched for AT&T and found an ATT SUPPORT skill. I went into that and found the Digital Life skill located in that. It works great !

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support