I would like to know if it’s possible to program my system to set my thermostat to away or off in case a door or window has been left open for a long period of time. Thank you :-)
Go to Solution.
Yes! This is a little more complex than most programs, but is possible by following the instructions below.
1) Create a custom program
2) Select 'Device Action'
3) Choose 'thermostat' and what action you want the thermostat to perform
4) Click 'save' to continue then click 'next'
5) Select 'automatically' for when the program will run
6) Select 'device trigger' to add a sensor
7) Choose what sensor you want (You will have to setup a new Program for each contact sensor as this program does not work with the “Any Contact Sensor” option)
8) Select 'Is Opened' then 'How Long'
9) Choose the length of time the sensor needs to be open before the program triggers and select save
10) Hit 'next' then choose run times
11) Name the program, save it, and repeat for other sensors