The new iPhone 15
iphoneFL's profile

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

Friday, July 24th, 2009 4:13 AM

using 3G while being plugged in..and battery runs down??

Anyone have problems with using 3G service while having your phone plugged in, say to a car charger, and using an app like iHEARTradio that uses the 3G network and have your battery continue to run down and/or die?  It doesn't seem as bad/apparent if you have it plugged in to like your computer but I've noticed it before on 3G calls where it seems that the battery doesn't keep the same or charge more while you're talking on the phone?  Anyone else notice this?  I'm on just a regular 3G phone, by the way.  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

15 years ago

I used to have this problem with my 3G. I think it was the charger not pushing enough power to the phone. So i went on Amazon.com and bought another 3rd Party charger which not only works way better than the Apple charger, but it charges my phone 2X faster and doesnt run the battery when I use it...LOVE IT

Guru

• 

545 Messages

15 years ago

Try restoring your iPhone to the factory settings in iTunes

Scholar

• 

25 Messages

15 years ago

When you plug your phone into the charger, make sure it shows that it's charging and not just plugged in. For me, sometimes it shows that it's just plugged in and not charging and the battery still drains.

Either that or your app is draining more juice than your charger can recharge... 

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

15 years ago

What was the name of the charger? I'm curious about that.

Scholar

• 

238 Messages

15 years ago

@iphoneFL wrote:
What was the name of the charger? I'm curious about that.

STAY AWAY.

If it charges it twice as fast as the original charger that was MADE for the iPhone not only are you voiding your warranty it could be charging the battery so fast it could kill it.

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

15 years ago

Problem with this is that the phone doesn't come with a car charger, so you have to find one.

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

15 years ago

@iphoneFL wrote:
Problem with this is that the phone doesn't come with a car charger, so you have to find one.

They've got DC to USB adapters...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.