Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: “temporary PIN number” from AT

Contributor

“temporary PIN number” from AT&T

I just received a temporary PIN number from AT&T out of the blue while at home doing nothing with my account or phone. Why or what is going on here?

Message 1 of 21

Deleting the texts doesn't block further texts, that just deletes those texts.

If you didn't manually go and physically block all texts from that number, then you are fine and there is nothing to unblock.

Message 11 of 21
Contributor

THIS IS THE SOLUTION!

Message 12 of 21
Contributor

I figured out that’s it’s legit. It’s coming from my AT&T Mobile Security app. Every time I upgrade the operating system on my phone the app automatically sends a temporary pin to activate the security app. 

Message 13 of 21
Contributor

Yes, it is legit. I’ve stopped receiving the texts once I confirmed the pin on the app.
Message 14 of 21
Tutor

And what is “This”?  I am confused 

Message 15 of 21
Teacher

Thank you for clearing this up. It has been bugging me for a week. I called AT&T and the rep had no idea what it was. I went to the security app and asked for a pin and sure enough it send one.

Message 16 of 21
Contributor

I am having the same problem for the past 2 or 3 weeks at all hours of the day and night. I called At&t and it was like talking into a black hole. They had no clue what I was even talking about. They just said to block the number. Well duh, if I block the number I won’t receive the texts from At&t. So, I just let the annoying lowlifes send the texts. At&t said to forward texts to them. I did, then it asks for the phone number. I give that number and it states it’s not a phone number. So, there again. I’m stuck getting texts at 1:30, 4:30am etc. 

Message 17 of 21
Highlighted
Teacher

I was having this issue. It turns out the AT&T Call Protect app was sending out these temporary PIN numbers after an iPhone update. The next time you get a temporary pin go to the call protect app. This stopped them from coming. BTW, I called AT&T and they had no clue
Message 18 of 21
Contributor

Thank you for the info!!
Is there something I need to click off in that app?
Message 19 of 21
Teacher

I opened the app and it was waiting for the most recent passcode that was sent. Haven't received one since
Message 20 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support