Explore & discover

Helpful Links

screen

Contributor

screen

touch screen not responding, how do i fix or troubleshoot?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
Community Support

Re: screen

Hey there @andy19k

I’m sorry to hear your touch screen has become unresponsive! I can help you with that! First, we need to check if this is a software issue. Is this happening all the time? Did it just suddenly start while the device was in-use? Was the device dropped or damaged in any way? I would recommend forcing a reset by holding the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds. Once the device reboots, test to determine if the issue continues.

If we’re unable to get the device to respond to touch, we may need to consider replacement or repair options. If the device is less than one year old, it may still be covered by Apple’s warranty. If not, the device may still be able to be repaired by Apple at a cost. I would recommend bringing the device by your nearest Apple store where it can be tested and your options reviewed.

Alternatively, if you have mobile insurance provisioned on your line, you can certainly begin a new insurance claim to have the device replaced. To file your insurance claim with Asurion to replace your enrolled device:

• Online - Visit phoneclaim.com/att.
  • Call - Call Asurion at 888.562.8662. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. CT and Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. CT.

Information required when filing your claim:

• Have the make and model of your device available.
  • You'll be prompted to either log in using your password for the Asurion site or to verify the last 4 digits of the Social Security number of the AT&T account holder.
  • You may be required to provide additional documentation to complete your insurance claim, such as an affidavit, personal ID, or proof of ownership. This may require access to a printer, scanner, or fax.

I hope this helps!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: screen

I would like to know when andy19k asked for help....
I currently have not had any issues, but i did had a none responsive Iphone
in the pass.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support